Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #171
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics "Why are these pink?!" Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
our tax lady said you can file for free at hr block online. she said totally free and its the same basic software that they use... and we paid her over $200

also for medical stuff. we use the thing where a certain amount is deducted weekly throught the year... like we said $1500 and then they distribute it through the year. and then we get a debit card to pay for co pays, rx, tylenol and all that kind of stuff. i used it last year to get a super nice breast pump... the $ they deduct is off the gross, so it isnt taxed and like i said it can be used for other stuff. its nice for $$$$$ prescriptions. i have had some that is $150 for a month.... we couldnt do it without the card. ask about it at work...

thats funny i sound like a commercial

WFD chili and baked potato
Well we have to file schedule C because of the business...so I can't file for free anywhere.....I already bought turbo tax but I have to file fed and state at the same time-and its $20 to do state....

Advertisement

Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #172
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My brown eyed girl w/ my new camera. . . still dont know what i am doing yet
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #173
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

great pic Melissa! She's soo cute!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #174
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

DD2 had some kind of stomach bug yesterday and now my bf has it...I've been feeling a little queasy with a headache all day and it is going to be a LONG night...the baby went to bed way early which means that she will be up in the middle of the night...oh well....atleast we will be one day closer to the weekend!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #175
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
WOW! I missed a ton today... LOL

I was up all night with our youngest. Long night, and nothing was particularly wrong that I could tell. Then well baby check up this morning, because she's a year old. Nothing new - yes, yeast rash, yes I know what to do, yes, shes developing fine. LOL

I absolutely LOVE the pictures of your kids... absolutely adorable!

Cheryl, I'm going to have to make a childrens size snuggie, I dont have tv, so I had no idea what that was, but after seeing it, my 3 yr old would love one. Shes always wrapped in a blanket

Home schooling........ we homeschool for preschool, but have yet to think forward about school. Our 14 yr old 9th grade is currently home schooled, and is doing great

Oh ya! I didnt get my longies done, still chuggin away at them, but I did get some dying done - 5 diapers, 5 matching onesies that are going to be cut and turned into t-shirts. So, here they are...

Ok... our 14 yr old has dance in 30 minutes, and it takes me 35 to drive there........... will be back later
Very cute dye jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Yes, KAri, from today. Ugh.

I really admire you guys who have unplugged from the TV. We are hardwired into it. It's a struggle to keep the kids to two hours a day. Do you rent a lot of movies? We do, on top of TV. THe kids watch all educational TV and disney or disney-type movies...except for DH's football and music videos (he watches old classic videos, prescreened, not the risque ones in front of them) and then when #1 spends the night at grandma's house, evidently they eat hotdogs and cheetos and watch infomercials LOL, thus the snuggy reference.

I think I and the kids could do without cable, we'd just watch movies on occasion and TV from the internet, but DH would never do it. But I could never unplug from internet, and there's not a cost-effective way to do high-speed internet only.
Yah, DG has the TV on most days, he cant paint without background noise and for now MH doesnt really notice it except for when there is music...she loves to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
Nice dying!!!

Ok, ready for pic overload?

Here's a couple from when we got to play outside Friday

And here's some big brown eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
big browns
Fantastic babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
In high school I was a nerd and if you ask my bf he will tell you that I still am I had big thick coke bottle glasses and tried very hard to be popular but wasn't..but did start to become popular with the boys thanks to being curvy.. played Varsity field hockey my senior year went to my HS reunion in Dec. and was amazed that anyone even knew who I was...then again maybe I should have worn my glasses I have know worn contact for about 8 yrs or so and cut my hair...I'll have to see if I can get some old pics....

my sewing machine is a Viking machine of some sort...it is really neat once you can figure it out...even came with the dials to do the different shaped stitches...I will have to find out the model # when I get home...

ppl at work think I'm crafty...they were talking about buying or not buying chocolate covered strawberries and somehow I was volunteered to make some for everyone! I was like "could you give me a little more notice?! A lot needs to go on in my head before things really happen!" I want to be able to use this...I want to show it...ok, I'm dumpy today AGAIN...sorry...
When I have bobbin issues it is usually a tension thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoh View Post
HI mamas. I've had a crazy day. Am leaving for Chicago tomorrow and just gettiong everything set up to function while I am gone has taken me the whole day, with exception of my stint at the doctors office with strep throat and a sinus infection.

My Q of the day, how much is too much for used LL fitteds? would you pay $5? $6? $7? Looking to buy, not sell

WOTB: disposable. I had to mkake sure all the dipes were washed before I leave tomorrow and I don' trust anyone here to handle CDing properly while I am gone.
I dont pay more htan 7 for mine used, usually around 5. Sorry about the sickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Jennifer, regarding BC...I have always had horrible, debilitating periods. So 14 years ago I went on Depo Provera, mainly because I knew I had a high chance of not having any if I did. It was touch and go for six months, I had random bleeding and some minor cramps with no rythym, but it eventually went away. The periods went away entirely, it was awesome, and I was on it for eight years. I have since read many opinions that Depo is evil, but have trouble finding hard evidence why. I only went off it to conceive #1, and got pregnant right away - not that long waiting period they say you will have if you take it a long time. Went on Nuva Ring after #2, but the horrible periods came back, and new symptoms - imagine your worst night of overdrinking, and that's what it was. Took me a while to figure out that it was connected to my cycles, and at first I thought it was the Nuva Ring, so I went off it and conceived #3. After he was born, one month later horrible periods and hangover effects return. So I went back on Depo, and again had some minor issues the first six months but now am period and symptom free. And Depo does not interfere with breastfeeding. So it works great for me. But like I said, lots of people, both medical pros and regular people, do not like Depo for many reasons but it's a lifesaver for me.

Totally unrelated, but in reference to flex spending...when DH changed jobs in Dec, he had $500 left in his flex spending account and two weeks to spend it. So he went to the drugstore and stocked up on all the OTC drugs. Seriously, you should see our drug stockpile, all cold meds, Tylenol/Motrin, various creams and ointments, etc. It's crazy, but we won't have to go to the drugstore except for Rx's for a year at least.
Thanks for the info, more good stuff for my chat with the MF on Friday. Funny about the drug stockpile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
we got our taxes done and i am happy! Cept we bought our house 10 days too soon so we didnt get a 1st time homeowners credit! Argh!
Well that sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
Well we have to file schedule C because of the business...so I can't file for free anywhere.....I already bought turbo tax but I have to file fed and state at the same time-and its $20 to do state....
Us too. Makes more complicated taxes. TG for turbo tax!!!!

And beautiful pic with the new camera.

well that is all now, I am off to bed. MH is down and I dont like leaving her in our bed alone. TTYL
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #176
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
we did too. but the tax lady swears you can do it online for free. she said all the ? are there. the equipment depreciation and all that stuff. i havent looked, and frankly i wouldnt want to chance doing it wrong... but she said we could... but i dunnno.

melissa she looks like you.

for the record... dont eat egg salad for lunch and chili for supper if you arent feeling good.... having the craps is horrible.... uch: oh my burning bum.... off to bed... and fingers crossed that i dont fart in my sleep i actually considered a pad.....
Old 02-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #177
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lol. . . never trust a fart. . .lol (its from the bucket list) lol
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #178
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

well my headache and I are going to bed (for now at least!)

goodnight all!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #179
slaloms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone...or whoever is still up. I missed out today! We were so busy, I couldn't keep up with you gals. And I'm bummed, I'm thinking of homeschooling the girls and would have loved to chat. Bummer. I'm going to bookmark all of the links you guys posted and maybe buy that book mommyscott mentioned. Anyway... goodnight to everyone that's going to bed. I'm still going to be here for a little while...
slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #180
slaloms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and cute babies everyone!
slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote