Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
maman08's Avatar
maman08
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Hashemite Kingdom
Posts: 1,968
B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Wet, as in DS's diaper...he's due for a change. Wild...well that could be for our wildly adorable children, for how they behave half the time, or for our wild sides.

For newcomers or lurkers, we're basics kind of mamas...prefolds, flats and wool especially, although you'll see some fitteds, some AIOs, some PUL, and even some sposies from time to time. We're not into snarkiness or virtual drama, but we're open to pretty much anything else.

To wrap up my pink diapers saga from yesterday, I've included some pictures for your amusement and viewing pleasure. Even an overnight Oxi soak (and about four washes yesterday with OxiClean, regular bleach, Borax, and Tide) didn't do a whole lot to get rid of the pinkness, so I guess it's here to stay. I included one regular ub premium in the first picture so you can see the contrast a little better, but they look pinker in real life than they do in these pics:





Sigh. If only I a) had a girl or b) liked pink.

I'm off to the commissary, bbl!

Advertisement

__________________
Heidi - SAHM to S (03/2008) N (06/2010), and S (06/2012), married to my best friend. FS: FB trainers (small), Tucker sling, breastfeeding paraphernalia, Baby Bjorn Air

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #2
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: GA
Posts: 20,715
My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

So it looks like the pink is there to stay, and you have accepted defeat I hate pink, and have a boy. I don't think I could live with it!

WOTB: Mr. fussypants is still sleeping in a sposie.

WOTA: No plans today...
I got up early to pump. B has been nursing well day & night. So after giving myself a few weeks rest from the pump, I've started again once every morning to store some milk.
__________________
Stephanie wife to Thomas & mom to DD Avery '99, DD Ellison '04, DS Bennett'08, & DS Sullivan 3/11/11
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
melissamomof3girls's Avatar
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,880
My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Morning.

So sorry about the pink. Maybe it'll lighten up over time with more washes?

WOTA: Babysit two little boys today, get my LL fluffy mail and prep them all.

WOTB: HHOS from last night, going to change her right now.

Why, oh why, do my kids have to get up at 6:30 every day?
__________________
Redeemed, stay-at-home, homeschooling mommy to 5
melissamomof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
Kryster
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 329
My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

good morning.

sorry about the pink colouring- just make sure you put covers over those ones? I have 2 pink covers and I'm having a boy- just gonna make sure those are under clothes

I think I am anxious to get this baby out and I have 4 weeks to go. I have been having random mysterious pains possibly BH contractions, possibly irregular contractions. I don't know, I've never done this before. I think baby has dropped as my appetite came back and the heartburn lessened. not to mention the sudden movement way down in my groin.

WOTA- I was thinking of making pizza dough- one for dinner, one to freeze and making a chicken casserole to put in the freezer as well. I cooked the chicken yesterday. MIL might come by and pick me up for lunch mind you she cancelled last week- so we'll see.

WOTB- heheh amniotic fluid would be my guess
Kryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #5
maman08's Avatar
maman08
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Hashemite Kingdom
Posts: 1,968
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Morning.

So sorry about the pink. Maybe it'll lighten up over time with more washes?

WOTA: Babysit two little boys today, get my LL fluffy mail and prep them all.

WOTB: HHOS from last night, going to change her right now.

Why, oh why, do my kids have to get up at 6:30 every day?
for fluffy mail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
So it looks like the pink is there to stay, and you have accepted defeat I hate pink, and have a boy. I don't think I could live with it!

WOTB: Mr. fussypants is still sleeping in a sposie.

WOTA: No plans today...
I got up early to pump. B has been nursing well day & night. So after giving myself a few weeks rest from the pump, I've started again once every morning to store some milk.
Yesterday I ordered myself some new premiums and 1 toddler pf from LL, so that made me feel a little bit better about the pink. If anyone has a girl and wants 3 pink premiums, 1 pink toddler pf, and 1 pink flannel receiving blanket flat, PM me. The premies and doublers don't bother me as much since they'll be inside. I should take some pics of the cleaning rags I made out of 2 of the pfs that dyed all of mine...they make great unpaper towels since they're so thick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryster View Post
WOTB- heheh amniotic fluid would be my guess


We're back from the commissary and DS is down for his afternoon nap...I need to go unload and put away groceries and clean up the kitchen a bit. I want to try to sneak in a nap as well, DS was up three or four times last night (I lost count) and up for the day at 6:30, so I'm today.

WOTB: a toddler pf stuffed with a premie, snappied under his Covered Caboose soaker.

WFD (since it's already almost 3 here): lamb, fig, and olive stew, and a vegetable (probably asparagus, but maybe cauliflower)
__________________
Heidi - SAHM to S (03/2008) N (06/2010), and S (06/2012), married to my best friend. FS: FB trainers (small), Tucker sling, breastfeeding paraphernalia, Baby Bjorn Air

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
MommyScott's Avatar
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,791
My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Wet, as in DS's diaper...he's due for a change. Wild...well that could be for our wildly adorable children, for how they behave half the time, or for our wild sides.

For newcomers or lurkers, we're basics kind of mamas...prefolds, flats and wool especially, although you'll see some fitteds, some AIOs, some PUL, and even some sposies from time to time. We're not into snarkiness or virtual drama, but we're open to pretty much anything else.

To wrap up my pink diapers saga from yesterday, I've included some pictures for your amusement and viewing pleasure. Even an overnight Oxi soak (and about four washes yesterday with OxiClean, regular bleach, Borax, and Tide) didn't do a whole lot to get rid of the pinkness, so I guess it's here to stay. I included one regular ub premium in the first picture so you can see the contrast a little better, but they look pinker in real life than they do in these pics:





Sigh. If only I a) had a girl or b) liked pink.

I'm off to the commissary, bbl!
how many got dyed? send them to me and I can "patch them up" for you FFS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Morning.

So sorry about the pink. Maybe it'll lighten up over time with more washes?

WOTA: Babysit two little boys today, get my LL fluffy mail and prep them all.

WOTB: HHOS from last night, going to change her right now.

Why, oh why, do my kids have to get up at 6:30 every day?
6:30???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryster View Post
good morning.

sorry about the pink colouring- just make sure you put covers over those ones? I have 2 pink covers and I'm having a boy- just gonna make sure those are under clothes

I think I am anxious to get this baby out and I have 4 weeks to go. I have been having random mysterious pains possibly BH contractions, possibly irregular contractions. I don't know, I've never done this before. I think baby has dropped as my appetite came back and the heartburn lessened. not to mention the sudden movement way down in my groin.

WOTA- I was thinking of making pizza dough- one for dinner, one to freeze and making a chicken casserole to put in the freezer as well. I cooked the chicken yesterday. MIL might come by and pick me up for lunch mind you she cancelled last week- so we'll see.

WOTB- heheh amniotic fluid would be my guess
__________________
Christina, wife to Nate, mommy to 8

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 AM   #7
MommyScott's Avatar
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,791
My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

WOTB #1: night time dipe (infant with preemie doubler) under BSWW size small

WOTB #2: sposie I think

WOTA: school, laundry, ship some FSOT items, laundry.... maybe dye some more diapers the ones I did two days ago turned out so well, I want to do more! I'll show pictures if I can get some decent lighting later....
__________________
Christina, wife to Nate, mommy to 8

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #8
maman08's Avatar
maman08
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Hashemite Kingdom
Posts: 1,968
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
how many got dyed? send them to me and I can "patch them up" for you FFS!
Whoa, seriously? PM'ing you!

I can hear DS back there "talking" to the pictures on his walls, but since he's not crying I guess I'll leave well enough alone and hope he falls asleep soon.
__________________
Heidi - SAHM to S (03/2008) N (06/2010), and S (06/2012), married to my best friend. FS: FB trainers (small), Tucker sling, breastfeeding paraphernalia, Baby Bjorn Air

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:06 AM   #9
MommyScott's Avatar
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,791
My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Whoa, seriously? PM'ing you!

I can hear DS back there "talking" to the pictures on his walls, but since he's not crying I guess I'll leave well enough alone and hope he falls asleep soon.

seriously!
__________________
Christina, wife to Nate, mommy to 8

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #10
my1hd
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 461
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Good morning.

I get my car today Have I mentioned we have been car sharing for like ummm 6 mths now and the car we were sharing is not practically dead??? I'm sooh appy to have a car and be able to leave the house whenever i want!! Oh the little things in life LOL.

I was finishing up yesterdays thread and Cheryloo you soooo need to move to a colder climate.


WOTB: LL capri and an a thirsties cover

WOTA:
take some better pictures of her Newborn stuff for FOST.
clean clean clean
laundry laundry laundry
Spend more time playing and just being silly with my kids. I have not been the best mommy since my 3rd trimester.
__________________
Michelle
Lucky mommy to 3 kiddo's
06/03 and o9/05 and our little water baby born 12/08
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.