Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Outdoor toy ideas for first birthday.

DS turns one in March. We'd like to get him something he can play with outside. He's already walking but he's still kind of young so I'm not sure what he would use yet? would 13/14 months be too young for some of these ideas? What did your lo's like at this age?

Some ideas are...

wheel barrow
some sort of car/bike to ride or push with feet

Wife to Bob, and mommy to Ben and Matt. Love my boys!
OneFishTwoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
S Starr
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Outdoor toy ideas for first birthday.

I don't think that would be too young at all for the sandbox or push-car. Consider getting a car that can be ridden or pushed from behind, like the $15 ones at Walmart. DD1 liked to walk behind it and push sooner than she liked to ride on hers.
Mama to E 3/06 and M 7/08
S Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Outdoor toy ideas for first birthday.

My DS's favorites were a lawn mower and a cozy coup. He is 2.5yo and still loves playing with them! We found ours at garage sales but try looking at Craigslist too. DS also has a Turtle "sandbox" (with shell cover) that we use as a wading pool. Our actual sandbox is a rubermaid tote with a bag of play sand in it. The tight fitting lid keeps bugs out, I can move it around easily, I only had to buy one bag to fill it, it is less messy and keeps DS from sitting in it thus getting sand rubbed up his diaper into tender places.
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote