Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #21
WinterMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: bfing moms, do you ever get tired of it?

Lately, in the middle of the night when she stops and then wants to nurse about 30 second later, YES! ...keepgoingkeepoingit'sjustaphase...
And if we weren't nursing who knows how I'd get her back to sleep without getting out of the cozy covers.

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #22
apelilae
Registered Users

I feel your pain. I am in a similar circumstance. It's hard somedays more than others. I still love BF, but it had annoyed me from time to time, but then I think of how much more annoyed I'd be with formula. Then I remind myself that one day I will miss this more than words can express.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #23
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I so understand what you are feeling. This is my first child that I actually bf for longer than 6 months and while most of the time I love it and the bonding that it gives you it is definately a trying thing. There are days (especially during growth spurts) that you just wish your dh had working breasts too!! Even now that ds is 16 months he comes up and says baba and I'm like no cup. I guess I'm just ready for him to wean but he doesn't want to have it. He loves his baba!! He only usually nurses once a day and that's to take a nap and then at bedtime. Its nice that he will take a cup though so I can go out and dh can put him to bed without a fight - this is something we couldn't do when he was ebf because he refused every bottle we tried (with bm). Just wasn't mama. Enjoy it while it lasts and just think about those good times when you are feeling not so happy about it!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #24
newuanda
Registered Users
seller

Yes, but I didn't get tired of it till about a month ago - DS is 19 months old. But he is slowly weaning himself, so I can't complain about it. I remember days though where I wish that I didn't have to be the constant supply of food.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #25
LindusandGrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well my dd is 3.5 months and sometimes i just hate it!!
i mean alli want is some sleep but nooooo she wants to comfort nurse and what not! so my answer would be yes i get tired of it!
(but sometimes when she has thatr drunk on milk look i just love it!!)
LindusandGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:03 PM   #26
thehorndoctor
Registered Users
seller

I like to hear that moms are still nursing there babys and toddlers. They need it. Have you ever thought to join the LLL league? There is a ton of support and you can meet more moms that nurse and some enjoy and some not as much. But hang in there. Just remember that you are doing the best for you baby.