Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #31
football_cheer_mom
Diaper Queen
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why Don't You Vaccinate ?

DH has a medical background and has brought up some good points. I am really starting to see both points.

He is telling me that at the very least our baby should have the Hep shots. Although we do not go to third world countries that does not mean that there aren't peopl around us who haven't. He said who's to say they are being vaccinated there.

Most other countries where these diseases are prevelant, obviously don't have a vaccination from it. They could be making our food in a restaurant and pass these disease through that.

Also, a PP said that Hep is a STD, that is not true. Hep can be transmitted through hand to hand contact if a person is infected. Also hep can be transmitted through blood, which means someone could have blood from a small cut or saliva from coughing on their hand,or not wash their hands after using the restroom and decide they are going to touch your baby's hand or face, and this could spread disease as well. Or they could go back to preparing your food without washing their hands, again contamination where Hep can be transferred. (I try very hard not to let people touch my baby, but there are some that sneak in there )

Come on ladies help me buld a case against vaxing so I can convice DH, because he is not convinced.

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #32
3beans
Registered Users

My Mood:

well i always did, just because.. dd2 is almost fully done.. ds needs 1 or 2 mkore.. dd1 is fully done.... dd3 is not done at all... i just hate doing it.. esp. so young.,... dd3 will get done (i think)but not until adfter 1 year.....
Adaline Faith 11.17.08 7lbs 2 ozs
3beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #33
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by football_cheer_mom View Post
Come on ladies help me buld a case against vaxing so I can convice DH, because he is not convinced.

buy the book "what your dr may not tell you about childhood vaccinations" by dr cave and let him read it. very very eye opening.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #34
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Basically, as with almost everything in life, you have to figure out what the benefits are and what the risks are and if the benefits outweight the risks, or viceversa - you get your answer. With this subject, lots of research is required.

Good Luck
Old 01-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #35
valentinesdaymummy
Registered Users
seller

Exclamation Re: Why Don't You Vaccinate ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feb0306mommy View Post
I have been reading though this post and WOW it has really opened my eyes. I dont know if either of my kids will have any more vaccinations. Thanks for asking this question!!!
ditto! Mattea just had her 6m imm's postphoned b/c she's sick...maybe I'll pp them indef. until i can do some research on all this!

ps...feb0306mommy...i c ur a v-day mummy too
Old 01-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #36
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
DH has a medical background and has brought up some good points. I am really starting to see both points.

He is telling me that at the very least our baby should have the Hep shots. Although we do not go to third world countries that does not mean that there aren't peopl around us who haven't. He said who's to say they are being vaccinated there.

Most other countries where these diseases are prevelant, obviously don't have a vaccination from it. They could be making our food in a restaurant and pass these disease through that.

Also, a PP said that Hep is a STD, that is not true. Hep can be transmitted through hand to hand contact if a person is infected. Also hep can be transmitted through blood, which means someone could have blood from a small cut or saliva from coughing on their hand,or not wash their hands after using the restroom and decide they are going to touch your baby's hand or face, and this could spread disease as well. Or they could go back to preparing your food without washing their hands, again contamination where Hep can be transferred. (I try very hard not to let people touch my baby, but there are some that sneak in there )

Personally, Hepatitis is one of the ones I find most ridiculous to give an infant. Their chance of exposure is minimal for a disease that must be transmitted via sexual contact or bodily fluids. This does not mean blood that just touches your babies skin - it must find its way inside the body, via mucous membranes, the mouth or open wound. So, someone has to have Hep, have exposed bodily fluids and then you baby has to suck on those fluids. Obviously not incredibly likely. The only reason they push it at the infant/toddler stage is that it is convenient for the health care workers - it has NOTHING to do with your child's health at that time. The package insert even says this "It is convenient for health care workers to vaccinate the infant before they leave the hospital..." Keep in mind that an infant does not even have a working immune system until 2 months at the earliest, so vaccinations don't work before then (vaccines are supposed to stimulate the immune system...hard to do if one doesn't even exist!!!). In fact, a child does not even have a fully functioning immune system until well after 2 months...That's why Japan moved their vaccination schedule to not even START until 2 years of age...and their SIDS numbers dropped at the same time...coincidence?? You can ALWAYS vaccinate later, but you cannot take it back...
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #37
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've NEVER ever heard of catching Any of the "Hep's" Though Skin contact (IE Shaking someone's hand that has it) that's about as crazy as Someone catching aids from someone the same way.

They are Bloodborne Illnesses. They travel though bodily fluids.. and that's it. Maybe he was thinking of Herpes, not HepB. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote