Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #111
Len27
Registered Users
seller

Re: I absolutely LOVE Mother-ease!! ACTION SHOTS!

New to CDing, but so far MEOS make up the bulk of my stash and I really like them! I have 5 in assorted colours and 5 unbleached. I'll be trying the AIOs after DD outgrows the ones we're using now. I just love the way the terry cloth material feels- how can that not be comfortable?! I've just been using kushies wraps over top, they fit perfectly.

Advertisement

Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #112
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The Ricki looks like a great fit. The snaps look like they are placed on an angle like FB. Cool!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #113
DoubleTroubleMamma
Banned

My Mood:

What an awesome thread to come across! I got some ME Sandys in a trade for our LO on the way, not knowing much about them (never tried them w/our boys) now I am so excited. Wish they were the color ones though- those are so cute! What weight/age range should I expect the Small Sandys to fit- I sware they look almost the size of some Medium/Toddler dipes I had for my boys!
DoubleTroubleMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #114
StAva2202
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTroubleMamma View Post
What an awesome thread to come across! I got some ME Sandys in a trade for our LO on the way, not knowing much about them (never tried them w/our boys) now I am so excited. Wish they were the color ones though- those are so cute! What weight/age range should I expect the Small Sandys to fit- I sware they look almost the size of some Medium/Toddler dipes I had for my boys!
DS will be 7mo on the 20th. He is 16.8lbs. I just received a small Sandy and LOVE it!!
StAva2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #115
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my chubby dd is 20 lbs and 9 months old and still fits in a small sandy nicely. I use larges with an added bamboo doubler for nighttime. :-)
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #116
momof4girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy B View Post
I use MEOS with all my kiddos. I don't usually really get into cd till they are 5 or 6 months. Somehting about poo and postpartum doesn't mix I now have a super chunk 6 month old 23lbs. I was not loving the Rikki's--the velcro is really wide and left red marks-- With all my babies. I had 2 super chunks and one super thin.
So I decided about a month ago to try pf and fleece soakers. I still reach for my MEOS until they are gone and then use the pf. I sold/selling my rikkis and bought a bummis sww and a thirsties I am in Heaven!! My hubby still likes the airflow so I kept his stash.
Sorry for the long post.
I thought I was the only one who loved these here.

I have been exclusively using MEAfs mostly, rikki at night. DD (not quite 4 months) just moved up to the M/L size last week. Im not loving the fit.
I too have been using bsww lately and am loving that fit. Even though I have 16 meos, I mainly use pfs and the bsww fit well over the pf bulk.
I still use a rikki wrap at night though! Only have 1 in size medium. I have 5 in size large, which she could actually wear already. Just trying to hold out awhile longer on moving up a size.
CDing, sometimes BWing & , , selective/delayed vaxing, SAHM. Trying to talk DH into TTC baby #5.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #117
mom2mybumpy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
I use (and love!) MEOS and personally I like the cotton ones better. The bamboo takes forever to dry which really annoys me. As far as absorbency, I think the cotton and bamboo are equal.
I would have to agree with this. I had the cotton ones first, bought used with stay dry liners on the doublers only and loved, loved, loved them. But I kept thinking I wanted the bamboo because they're soooooo pretty with that creamy color. In the end, I didn't find the bamboo all that much more absorbent in for diapering use, but they did take a long time to dry. Plus, I was always battling stains on the bamboo, but the stay dry liners NEVER held a stain. I was spoiled. I love MEOS, definitely my favorite diaper.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #118
LClaire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just adding some more pics to this great post!
pbresolin - I couldn't agree more with your original post!! We've tried so.so.so many different kinds of diapers and we have two MEOS - one cotton, one bamboo and the more and more I use and wash them, the more impressed I am with how beautifully they hold up through washings and how well they work. With #2 on the way and trying to figure out how we want to keep our stash, I've finally decided that of all that we have, the MEOS are what we're going to add. They're bulky on the little ones, but they do such a great job and I am just so impressed by how well they hold up that I want to have these in our stash to last through more than one kid!
A few pics when DD was smaller(about a year ago - 10mos. and about 17lbs) and we first got the bamboo and I was slightly concerned on the crotch bulk. I'm way over it now - lol and these are just about the only "onesie/twosie - loose" diapers that have stayed in our stash being used regularly(they get washed in EVERY load of diaper laundry!) and that I haven't sold

LClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #119
StAva2202
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have one Sandy which I LOVE, I will be buying more! I just bought a MEOS, but I cannot figure out how to adjust sizes??? HELP!!
Thanks!
StAva2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #120
LClaire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAva2202 View Post
I have one Sandy which I LOVE, I will be buying more! I just bought a MEOS, but I cannot figure out how to adjust sizes??? HELP!!
Thanks!
To make them small, you fold the top down and snap on those inner snaps You can also adjust the tap snaps to overlap to get it tighter in the waist if you need to. Here's a link to their description in case you haven't seen it yet - much more well-said than I could ever attempt to explain
http://www.mother-ease.com/default.aspx?id=16
When we use the snap in liner on the folded over/smaller size setting, we usually just lay the liner in rather than snapping it in so that we can access the waist snaps. They also have some video instructions that might be a bit more helpful for you:
http://www.mother-ease.com/cloth-diapers/4

hope that helps a little!
LClaire is offline   Reply With Quote