Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #21
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why to bedshare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Starr View Post
I see what you mean! With us, we do it with DD2 because it's the only way to keep her asleep -- but the only reason we could ever bed-share with DD1 would be if we wanted to be AWAKE all night!

ditto! but mine is a ds

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #22
Okmommy06
Registered Users

My Mood:

We coslept with DS till he was around 6 months but he started crawling out of the bed and I guess I was beginning to sleep more heavily(since he wasn't nursing nearly as much) and wasn't feeling him roll off off. We just had a regular mattress on the floor(no box spring) so it wasn't far off of the bed, but I didn't want him to be crawling around on the floor getting into stuff or whatever could happen. So he went into a playpen for a month or two I think then to his room where he slept soooo much better. We coslept because I didn't want to be away from him, he was so cuddly and sweet and I just wanted to. Also it made nursing so much easier. When we travel we always cosleep though, it works and he likes the time we do have together, but there's no way he'll go to bed with us in his room or in our room...where we have the computers(so DH is playing video games till he goes to bed).
Old 02-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #23
yumyuc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OOPS

Lovin' all you DS Mamas & Papas!!!

Last edited by yumyuc; 02-11-2009 at 02:01 PM.
yumyuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
yumyuc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiematie View Post
I *heart* co-sleeping too!

Dont get me started on the "anti-cosleeping" campaign america has going on. I got in an arguement with a lady at the health department the other day because she refused to admit that the majority of co-sleeping accidents are from obese or drug/alcohol addicted parents (despite statistics backing me up on this one). She told me there was no way anyone could co-sleep safely....Trust me, i didnt let her off easy with THAT comment, lol.
Good for you!
I think too many of these people just say what they are told and don't do any of their own research before they go telling people how they should raise their kids.

Lovin' all you DS Mamas & Papas!!!
yumyuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #25
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

We co-sleep. Well, at least me and DD do. DH sleeps with us sometimes, but not always. I do it because it is easier to night nurse and because I love cuddling her. I've been trying to put her in her own crib lately because I'm worried that I'm waking her up, but I've never made it a whole night with her in the crib. I always bring her into the bed eventually.

I mentioned to my co-worker that we co-sleep and she said "Oh no! You shouldn't do that" and as I braced myself for the typical comment about rolling on the baby she said "you'll never get that girl out of your bed." I was so relieved to hear that was her one criticism. I just smiled and said "I know" because honestly I don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep without her in our bed.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #26
rkirkeby
Registered Users
seller

We co-sleep...I really don't think that I would be breast feeding if we didn't. I can't imagine waking up, going to their room feeding them, putting them back to sleep and then going back to bed. Seems like way too much work to me. Today they are five months old & were in their crib for the first time & that was only because I needed to get some things sorted in their closet & it was a convenient place to put them

I am so glad we decided on the king size bed when we upgraded our furniture...I can't imaging my DH sleeping in a different room/bed. It's also nice to have him there when I need help in the middle of the night

Last edited by rkirkeby; 02-11-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: adding second paragraph
rkirkeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #27
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
Formerly: MrsMommy0805
seller

My Mood:

Awww that's so sweet! I think about things like that too. Sometimes things like that is reality.

This morning I was woken up by my DS sleeping on his back in the crook of my arm, choking on his own vomit!! I quickly swept him up onto my chest while I was still laying down and he threw up alllll over my shirt. I know it's a whole different ballpark and it's supposed to be "safe" to put a baby on his back in his crib but my Grandpa died of asphyxiation (but, he was drugged up from a surgery) it IS a real threat! I was so immediately thankful that we cosleep.

Mainly I cosleep with my son because I still nurse at night. But I like to sleep w/him, our mornings are OURS and we just lay in bed playing for a few minutes before I finally get my lazy behind up. I have been thinking of letting DD go to sleep in her own room and then putting her in my bed when I go to sleep. That way I don't have to worry about her sleeping with just the baby before I go to sleep, but still get the benefits of sleeping with her. She'll be 4 in May.
PatchworkPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #28
taralee2001
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love cosleeping too. We hadn't planned on it, DH was pretty against it actually. Then DD arrived and DH noticed how much DD hated being in that plastic bin they call a bassinet in the hospital. He told me he thought I should sleep with her next to me because she liked being close to me better. I guess seeing how much comfort cosleeping brought to his newborn daughter changed DH's opinion of it. Honestly now I can't imagine it any other way.

And to the pp who asked about missing just sharing a bed with DH, honestly sometimes I do miss it just being us in the bed. We still get that closeness at other times (DD goes to be a couple hours before we do), but some nights I do just wish that I could cuddle up next to DH and not worry about where DD is in the bed. But then I see how DD snuggles up next to DH and think that she needs that cuddle time with daddy more than me because she will only be litle once and DH and I have the rest of our lives to cuddle.