Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #21
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bad OB Appt today :(

That is frustrating! I know my MW told me that I would have a hard time bfing because I am so pale

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #22
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

like the others said, he sounds like somethings wrong and he doesnt know what hes talking about or something, if this just came about this appt, id try to talk to him again, if not, or if you still dont feel comfy, switch. a lot of places wont take you past 27 weeks, but i tried to switch to a mw and their deadline was 36 as well as some other docs there in the area, i think it depends on the place, kwim??
definitely see if you can switch to someone else, or somewhere else though, because thats just mean and ridicuous.
and id start calling like...today! to find somewhere because it sounds like you need it!!
i just thought of something, does the emergency room have a us there? you could go and tell them something, im not sure what, but...yeah.
ummm...you could tell them youre in labor, and stuff, but do it at night, so its not so easy to get your records, lol. if youre dialated and having contrax, they might feel compelled to give the steroids, but you might end up stuck there, too... i dunno, maybe you could think of something to at least get a us?
and d is only small when theyre attatched to me LOL so hes got freakin PROBLEMS beyond...i dont even know what, thats just....UGH!!(i think my boobs are teeny but theyre d and dd if he hasnt eaten in a few hours.. :lol2: )

major to you though, you super dont need any of this right now especially and i hope your little one stays in there a few weeks more!!!
and heather, that pale comment i one of the weirdest ive ever heard of, what the heck does your color have to do with what milk you make???!!
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:47 AM   #23
findingmyself
Banned

Oh cat im so sorry you are going through this!
What a jerk your OB is!I cant even believe he would be so rude to you at this point and at least care a little ya know!

There is a steriod shot that you can get to have the babys lungs develop faster because i had it done at 32wks and again at 34 wks bri was born at 34wks and 5 days. she was 3lbs 13oz and 15in long and stayed in the NICU for 2 wks due to not being able to suckle.
I would think your dr would know what is available unless he really just didnt care. that is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They also can do an amnio to see if the lungs are developed enough i had three of them with my last pregnancy. she was born on her due date and her lungs were just fine. I cannot believe how impartial they were to you thats just wrong id find a second opinion, call your insurance co and see who they recommend. tell them what is going on and you want to make sure everything is ok with you and the little man. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that is just wrong. Please take it easy. if you need help with WAHMOriginals plz let me know.
findingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:28 AM   #24
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

That is such crap, I would be so upset. I got steroid injections all through my pregnancy to develop the lungs as my dd had IUGR and stopped growing a few times. I honestly think my last shot was the week before I had her which would've made me 36 weeks. I also got hormone shots and I was told those would help bring my milk in early just in case dd had to arrive early (which she did). I do believe there is another shot for bringing the milk in but my doc said the hormone shots would do it and she was right on. If at any point in my last pregnancy or even this one I felt that I needed an ultrasound they would write the paper and even help me get in right away, he just sounds to busy to actually care about the well being of your unborn child. I know it is at the end and finding a new ob may just be out of the question. Is there another doc in his practice you could see, today? You could always call L&D and go throught he emergency for cramping, they would do an immediate ultrasound and more than likely give you the needed shots.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:46 AM   #25
MamaJenn
Banned

My Mood:

Cat are you going to the one I went to In Dunkirk (Dr Per)? is it an OB or are you going to Westfield Fam for OB? I had issues with Wiro ya know..with Brianna..he was a TOTAL quack....
Id call them and BE PERSISTENT

Seriously you shouldnt be going through this crap...heck Id say go pretend you are in early labor to Brooks ER and get a US ( did I say that )
hugs mama...
call me I believe you have my cell # right?
MamaJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #26
daisybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, Catrina! I'm so sorry you had a bad appointment! But if you have always trusted him and he's never steered you wrong before, he may have just been having a bad day!! I'd make another appointment with him or call him and let him know what you told us. Stress how worried you are about this baby coming early and with lung problems.
daisybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #27
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
One question though. WHy are you concerned about the shot to start your milk production?

I do know a woman who had a serrogate mother deliver the baby and she was able to start lactating...BUT if you deliver that baby your body is going to produce the horomone you need to start lactating on your own. It will take a few days for your milk to come in...but it WILL come in!

With my last two children my milk never FULLY came in. I never ever got engorged. I never ever felt achy. I rented a hospital grade pump. I had the babies attached to my breasts almost constantly, and they never got more than a few drops here or there. I always had to supplement but then was told by hardcore bf'ers to get rid of the formula and just go it alone. I did .. and in one weekend my baby lost 2lbs! Since he was only 10lbs at that point, my ped had a fit. For some reason .. I get some milk .. but hardly anything.

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #28
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermama
Gosh! I feel for you!!
I totally agree with the person who told you to call back in the morning. Be the squeaky wheel and don't be afraid to make yourself heard!! Also as far as the ultrasound goes, is it something that you could pay for right now on your own (some place you can have them done around here for under $100 if all you want is baby size and positioning info)? If it becomes something that you pay for and later on your OB uses the info to help deliver your baby at an earlier time, I'd fight to have your insurance back date a referral to pay for the charges. Also, my mom had all four of us extremely early, my sis was born dead at 32 weeks and revived and is fine now, but I'm almost positive that there is a test they can do in utero on the fetus to determine if the lungs are capable of functioning or not............and YES there is a shot or some med's you can take to improve lung function and around here they will give it to any mama that needs it regardless of how far along she is. A friend's baby was born two weeks early (not even considered preemie) and got the med's because the lungs weren't developed.
Unfortunately, the closest ultrasound place besides the hospital is 4 hrs away

My Crafting Blog!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #29
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

I went through something very similar with my last pg... I switched Dr's, at 33 weeks. I was very happy with my new OB and have complete faith in her.

My first was a 34 weeker, totally unexpected... she of course had to stay in the NICU after birth. My second pg was absolutely scary... preterm labor started at 20 weeks, I had contractions for 17 weeks until I delivered at 37 weeks. I was very happy with my OB's office until about 32 weeks... then I had some issues and switched.

Not an easy decision though. I will keep you and the baby in my prayers, hope that you keep that baby as long as possible.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #30
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJenn
Cat are you going to the one I went to In Dunkirk (Dr Per)? is it an OB or are you going to Westfield Fam for OB? I had issues with Wiro ya know..with Brianna..he was a TOTAL quack....
Id call them and BE PERSISTENT

Seriously you shouldnt be going through this crap...heck Id say go pretend you are in early labor to Brooks ER and get a US ( did I say that )
hugs mama...
call me I believe you have my cell # right?
Yeah I'm seeing Dr. Per... The problem with going to Brooks and telling them I'm having contractions and problems is that they CALL him and HE comes in! Ugh! He has a new partner and that doc is the same way. I really really really have always liked Dr Per ..., but this just upset me so much. And, as you know .. there isn't a big choice in this area for OB's! I think that there is just him, his partner and then 2 others that deliver up at Brooks. And I'd never go to Dr Tallot .. my sis did and he was a freak!

So.. I'm in a quandry and don't know what to do.
I called my regular doc over in Sinclairville and asked about at least getting me on Reglan once the baby is born and they are going to do that. For the u/s and the steroid shot ... I feel like I'm just gonna have to do as he says. I see his PA (rebecca) next time and she is really wonderful. She never rushes me and always listens to what I say so I'm hoping that I can talk to her about everything. Problem is .. she has no power there. She can't make the decisions that need to be made .. she has to consult the docs first.

Ugh ...

On a good note, my older cousin has come to stay with us m-f until I have the baby. This was the best week contractions wise. Chasing after a 2 yr old and a 11 month old, keeping the house kept up and trying to get everything ready for the new baby just really was too much for me. Since she got here, she has moved my 11 month old into the same room with my 2 yr old, cleard out all of my 11 month olds things from the nursery, got the nursery ready for the new baby, cleaned my house, cooked our meals, chased my kids and been wonderful company for me. So you can definitely say that my family has put me on bedrest! haha Well modified bedrest. I still do things and we go places and stuff, but all this stress has been lifted in those other aspects of my daily life and it has made a huge change in how my body is feeling.

I do believe that I only have a couple more weeks. I can feel my body getting ready to have a baby. I just hope that I can make it past the 36 week mark so that I can deliver down here and not have to be shipped up to Buff.

Thank you to all of you that have replied adn helped me. It is great to get such wonderful support from such great ladies!

Hugs,
Catrina

My Crafting Blog!