Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
MaClaire
Registered Users
seller

Wool Covers: which are soft and TRIM?

Hi all,

I'm new to diaperswappers and I'm looking to try some wool covers but I'm not sure what to buy. My daughter is 13months and we practice elimination communication and it's going really well--some days I have zero misses!!! At home, she's mostly nakey butt or in trainers, but I'm not brave enough to do that while away from home yet.

What I'm looking for is a very trim cover that is not scratchy at all as I will be using flannel inserts (thin and shaped like a maxi pad) and perhaps g-diaper inserts (while traveling) with these covers. They should be waterproof or nearly waterproof. I like snaps, not velcro. Obviously, most covers are designed for using with bulky diapers, but if anyone can recommend brands to try, I would greatly appreciate it!

TIA,

Jessica in LA

Advertisement

Last edited by MaClaire; 01-07-2007 at 09:45 AM.
MaClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
tash
Registered Users

Re: Wool Covers: which are soft and TRIM?

you might be able to get some custom made. Thats what I would put out an iso for. or you could possibly go down a size depending.......
and wool will be water resistent (my husband hates it when I say wool is waterproof :roll: technicality) if lanolized. actually my baby sat down in her longies yesterday in a puddle in the bathroom after a shower and my husband was going on and on about how her butt was wet and I said "do you want to put diffrent pants on her" and he commented on how wet the pants were and that she probably would need a new diaper they were so wet. well, her diaper was dry. as were the insides of the longies.

thats awsome you have so few misses! I part time ec and we miss waaaaayyyy more then we catch. and she refuses to go poop in the potty at all. I think shes done that once since she was 10 weeks (before then almost every poop was in the potty).
Old 01-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
mommytotommy
Registered Users
seller

I am also thinking you could probably just size down considering you are not using an actual diaper inside. I think Kiwi Pie cashmere covers are incredible soft and she makes a trim option.
mommytotommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
kkbtoys
Registered Users
seller

I have a mutt that is really trim. In your situation, I think I would recommend a Loveybums wool in one. They are my favorite wrap, and the sherpa diaper liners are pretty trim.

Whatever cover you choose, I would be careful with going too small because the rise is what changes the most.

Like pp, you have to be careful on expectations because wool won't be waterproof, just water resistent when well lanolized.
kkbtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a couple of Loveybums wool jersey covers and love them! I think they're pretty trim and soft.

Here's a link to their site:
http://www.loveybums.com/index.php/a.../id/3/subid/4/
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:07 AM   #6
krystalas
Registered Users

We also ec with our 13-month old daughter. I have been looking for a trim wool cover to use with infant pfs or the flannel inserts. I don't have any great options for you, but I would not recommend Loveybums for this purpose (although it is a beautiful cover). We have a large cover (18-30 lbs)and with an infant pf on my 25 lb dd, I just can't get it to work. The pf just keeps sliding around. Have you looked at the wool covers at the EC Store? I was considering ordering one of those. Good luck and I am anxious to hear other opinions.
krystalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would also suggest a loveybums wool jersey, a little beetle wool wrap, and i have a beccabottom that is also wool jersey and very trim
www.betterforbabies.com (little beetle)
www.beccabottoms.com

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My covers are designed to fit over an insert, prefold, or fitted.

I have some nice trim soft cashmere covers in large right now.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm trying to wind down my customs list in preparation for a move, but for future reference if you are ever in the market for EC wool shorts/longies I have made few for some EC mama's through here and referrals. I also agree with PP that wool jersey is nice and trim. I've been working with it recently for some customs and just LOVE the way it feels and drapes.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote