Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #21
Kiddoson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A question for Non Vaxing Momma's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
There is a whooping cough outbreak right now. They're suggesting anyone over the age of 11 get another shot. So those vaccines didn't last very long. Do we just have to vaccinate forever?
Not to mention that I know many children that are vaccinated that got whooping cough.
Plus again, this is not fatal. the vaccines risk far outweigh the risk of whooping cough and many other NON fatal diseases that are vaccinated against.
Even my horses and dogs i only vaccinate for fatal diseases....

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #22
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What is a real hoot is that when reporting "statistics" any child who has not received ALL vax's is referred to as unvaxed. And for "herd immunity" they really prefer 95-98% vaxed populations. Diseases ebb and flow. You will find two different charts about the life cycle of "preventable" diseases. The one the medical field uses shows that they all started declining as soon as the vax was introduced. The larger version shows that the diseases had already started declining before the vax was introduced.
I really think the credit should go to proper sanitation and clean running water.

Anyway, I realize that this life comes with risks. There is a possible risk of contracting all manner of illnesses and diseases. MOST have no vax. However, by choosing to vax I believe that I would be putting known toxins into my child that are known to be harmful.

I also think vax's are experimental-I try not to experimant on my kids. They also contain a bunch of things I am not comfortable with (that have already been listed).

The age they want to vax babies just keeps getting younger and younger! Pretty soon they'll want to give them everything as soon as they leave the womb. That scares me.
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #23
Fairychilde
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyP View Post
I'm more worried about what I am injecting into my kids then any of the diseases themselves. The vax isn't going to protect you 100% anyway so I will take my chances with the disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyNLilysMommy View Post
True.. I cried when I gave my daughter the MMR and pox, But I was also scared because my sister who was almost 1 didnt get vaxxed for the chicken pox and then got them and she went to bed one night we woke up and she was blue and the chicken pox decided to settle in her knee and she almost died, they had machines pumping her blood, she spent 45 days in ICU next to children in the burn unit. She lost all of her baby teeth and spent her first birthday in the icu.
That is very unfortunate what happened to her. Many Dr do not even vaccinate for the MMR and Chicken Pox until a child is 15 months old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineNature View Post
What is a real hoot is that when reporting "statistics" any child who has not received ALL vax's is referred to as unvaxed. And for "herd immunity" they really prefer 95-98% vaxed populations. Diseases ebb and flow. You will find two different charts about the life cycle of "preventable" diseases. The one the medical field uses shows that they all started declining as soon as the vax was introduced. The larger version shows that the diseases had already started declining before the vax was introduced.
I really think the credit should go to proper sanitation and clean running water.

Anyway, I realize that this life comes with risks. There is a possible risk of contracting all manner of illnesses and diseases. MOST have no vax. However, by choosing to vax I believe that I would be putting known toxins into my child that are known to be harmful.

I also think vax's are experimental-I try not to experimant on my kids. They also contain a bunch of things I am not comfortable with (that have already been listed).

The age they want to vax babies just keeps getting younger and younger! Pretty soon they'll want to give them everything as soon as they leave the womb. That scares me.
I agree with you about the medical community experimenting on our children. Proof of this is demonstrated when we see a vaccine (ex: Rotovirus) pulled from the market after many years of use.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd rather my child never get sick at all, really. I do all I can to keep our immune systems as strong as possible. There are far worse diseases that they don't have vaccines for, I'm not losing sleep over measles or whooping cough. I have researched vaccine-available diseases and their treatments. I looked at the possible vaccine side-effects and the ingredients lists. I have met and worked with families that have had their children changed forever by vaccines. After all of this, we decided that we would rather treat a sick child than risk damaging a healthy one.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
TyNLilysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I fought with myself.. You mommas have educated me beyond belief. I was pacing back and forth because I didnt want to do the MMR the Pox I kinda wanted to do just because of my sister.. But the mmr and the rest I am just really hesitant to inject her with...Sarah Im sorry for the loss of your brother.. Like everything with me I like to learn the other side of things.. everyone thinks im a little weird here because no one here really does anything "out of the norm" norm here is sposies, shots, its all predictable here...Not many moms here breastfeed. There are a few of us, but not many..Its nice to open my mind to other things, I figured I did everything different with my daughter why not open my mind to other things.
Thank you all for your comments and talking here.. I do enjoy it highly
Old 02-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #26
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Freak_955 View Post
There are several mamas who can answer this super in depth, but I'll just give my quick answer.
No, I'm not afraid of my LO's getting the diseases. They more than likely will get one/some/all of the diseases that vaccines offer 'protection' from but I'm not afraid or worried.
Almost everyone in my family (in the older generations) have had these diseases. I had several as a child, now I'm immune to them. They are normal childhood illnesses, like chicken pox when you were little. Yes, some people can get really sick but the government has VAERS. They prove that damage can be done by vaccines. These possible side effects are more common than a bad case of measles.
Plus, vaccines don't guarantee full immunity and require boosters.
If you look at WHO statistics, they show that something like 95% of these cases happen in developing (aka 3rd world) countries. My children have access to clean drinking water, healthy food, basic medical care, proper sewage, etc.
All that to say... Yes, I'm aware that my child may and probably will get a 'vaccine preventable' disease. But, no, I'm not afraid because I truly feel it's a greater risk to get vaccinated than to get the disease.
*Stepping off the soap box now.*
that's how I feel too. and as you mentioned, while there is a small % that may suffer from the disease itself, that there is a higher % of kids actually suffering from vaccine reactions more so than from the disease itself. so the risk does not outweigh the benefit in my book
Old 02-15-2009, 12:55 AM   #27
pantufla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are also as yet unstudied benefits from getting sick.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #28
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

I am just not all that worried about the diseases. When we were kids in 1983 only 10 vaccines were on the schedule, today kids have 36 or so vaccines, so what this means is we adults that have never gotten those extra 26 vaccines are unprotected and "unvaccinated" and you don't see us running around with all those diseases, outbreaks, etc. I like what the OP said, I'd rather treat a sickness than risk my healthy child getting damaged by a vaccine.
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #29
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think my biggest fear would be for the adults who are not immune because they were vaxed as children. Children were meant to get these diseases and they are generally benign in children. Things like cp are rarely dangerous in children, but according to the cdc adults account for only 5% of reported cases of varicella but approximately 35% of mortality. And vaccine "immunity" is far from life long. It usually lasts around 4yrs. So most of us are no longer immune to the diseases we were vaccinated against as children, unless we caught them at some point. I know I am immune to pertusis, rubella, and cp. However I am not immune to measels or mumps because I was vaccinated against them and never caught them as a child. I was also vaccinated against rubella and pertusis but caught those anyway. So my fear is not for the children, I'm one of those people who hopes my kids naturally gain immunity to these childhood diseases, but I do worry about the adults, and the elderly. But as adults we do have the choice to get ourselves booster shots because our risks are elevated in comparison to children. After reading the CDC's pink book, examining the MMWR and looking over historical graphs of death rates from vaccines, as well as browsing VAERS, I find the vaccines far more dangerous than the diseases they were supposed to protect us from. I also can see that according to historical data, it was clean water, food, and proper sanitation that lead to the decline in disease death rates, not vaccines.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote