Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #101
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B weekend of Love Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Carolina, how disappointing! Hopefully there's some sort of recourse through PP.

I took my 50% one item coupon to Michaels, where they are having a 50% Lion Brand wool anyway, and they were cleaned out. I found one skein of Lion Brand wool in the wrong place, so I got one for $2.50, a sort of avocado green. Then I went to the Pattons wools, and all they had were solids and most of them girly. So I bought a skein of dark brown for $2.50, since that's all that would go with the green. Disappointing. Do they phase out wool yarn in the summer? Maybe I just went to the wrong store, or they are phasing out 100% wool Lion Brand altogether. I was really hoping to get some more of that Pattons Denim Marl or some sort of colorway type thing. Joanns has a great selection of both Pattons and Lion Brand but charges more and rarely puts it on sale.
Next time try Joanns-I believe that they will accept Micheals coupons and vise versa....

Advertisement

Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #102
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One of the Joanns in my area has a TON of patons wool all year round, but only their pure wool, not their merino. I purchase the merino online. The Lions Brand I can never find on sale.... Sign up at JOANN.com for coupons! Those seriously save my life on fabrics (like minkee) that are 10+ dollars per yard.

I got a 60% off coupon & a 50% off coupon, I think I paid a total of 6.20 after tax for the two skeins of the yarn for those longies I posted today
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #103
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

wow, thread is slow today....maybe too much luvin' yesterday
Old 02-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #104
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We dont have tax on stuff here lol i forget about it until i go home to Michigan

Ok tomorrow is monday again .. i used to dread mondays when i worked 40 hours a week. . i am so glad that is over! LOL i love my kiddos and so lucky and thankfull to be home with them
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #105
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

I have to work tomm and the kids are all going to the daycare for the day...the big kids are excited...they are making tacos there for lunch...I keep telling them that it is Presidents' Day and they keep telling me no, they're off for Taco Day!

so far this afternoon/evening after posting my to-do list, I've:
taken a nap
fed the kids dinner
DS got a shower
put laundry load 2 in dryer and baby's laundry in washer
folded diaper laundry
made ice tea
nursed the baby and put her to bed!

I'm getting ready to put her clothes in the dryer (hopefully the other load is dry) and throw in the next load in the washer, pack the diaper bag and make bottles for daycare tomm.....

WOTB: fitted diaper, crochet soaker and crocheted longies in bed
Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #106
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been very busy sewing up an order this weekend and trying to get the baby feeling better....

And I"m been feeling guilty about the money that I spent.... so I haven't been too talkive....
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #107
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Cheryl, MH is and will be an only one. I will be 40 next week and DH and I are happy with one baby. We don't have the sadness of removing the crib because we never got one...MH sleeps with us and will move to a bed when she is ready.
That is part of what is so silly about losing the crib. It didn't get that much use. #1 used it the most, because she didn't like to cosleep with us after 2MO or so, she couldn't sleep through our snoring , then we moved overseas for six months when she was a year old and she slept in a european playard until 18MO, and she went straight to a twin bed upon return to the states. #2 never slept in it at all - she had such severe reflux she could not be laid less than 45 degrees without aspirating and choking that she slept in a carrier on our chest (we took turns in the recliner) until she was 4MO, then we had to jerryrig other solutions because we couldn't incline the crib enough without her sliding down to the end. And #3 just napped in there and slept his first part of his night sleep there, spends the rest of the night with us.

It's just the symbol of losing the crib that gets me. I had a hard time being pregnant for the "last time" too. I don't get that way about clothes and toys and gear he outgrows, can't wait to get it out of the house.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #108
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

ugh, I seem to be that way about EVERYTHING! but have felt differently about the crib...I love the baby and love to watch her sleep but I sleep so much better with her in her crib knowing that she wouldn't climb off the bed and get into things or fall off my bed and get hurt....DS couldn't sleep laying flat (multiple severe ear infections) so I slept with him on my chest in either a recliner or leaned up against the headboard of my bed every night for what seemed like an eternity but was probably 6 mos then it was on and off from there...after that I vowed that DD1 would sleep in the crib only and she did...she wasn't big on co-sleeping...needed her own space...DD2 slept in the crib as well...DD3 slept in my arms a lot as a newborn otherwise she wouldn't sleep at night...then finally she started to sleep in the bassinet and then the crib...all the other kids went from crib to toddler bed...DD3 went from crib to bottom bunk with a crib mattress on the floor just in case! DD4 didn't sleep at all the first few months it seemed like...She hated the bassinet, she hated everything...I slept on the couch with her in my arms or she would sleep in the cradle swing but when it stopped she screamed, come to find out she had/has acid reflux....She then started to sleep in the pack 'n play in the boppy and then we were able to cosleep in my bed so I could get a good night's sleep...now she sleeps in her crib pretty well...She's been going to bed about 9:30p-10p and getting up to nurse at 5:30-6a and going back to bed until about 8:15a on the weekdays, longer on the weekends...some nights she wakes up twice but nurses for a bit in my bed and then squirms until you put her back in the crib....I'm considering moving it into my room so I don't have to walk so far in the middle of the night

well I've done more then planned so time for bed seeing as how it is Monday here already (12:19am)
Old 02-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #109
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
The crib has moved on to another family. And I did cry a little. I'm such a wuss!
I don't think that makes you a wuss at all, it's hard to see them growing up so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
We went to AC Moore yesterday and got some yarn...I opted for acrylic as a starter yarn but they had the Patton's colorways and Lion's wool yarn....we almost got wedgewood (light blue, lght brown and choc brown) for the baby...anything can be girly with a ruffle! They also had rosewood, forest (camo) , and of course the one that is 70/30 wool /soy that I love I've decided that I really really want to get some winter white and dye it the color of the one I really love....Can I use kool-aid? Will the color last?
I've never dyed anything, but I've heard of people dying wool with Kool-Aid. Maybe ask on the craft forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
OK, never give a person with OCD tendencies a wool shaver.....MH's wool is looking great but wow I could spend hours doing that!

I am developing a bit of an ear ache...DH just did his Navajo treatment to it so I hope that helps (corn pollen dropped on to a hot coal so the smoke goes in the ear.)
at the wool shaver comment. I'm the same way. Hope your ear feels better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
One of the Joanns in my area has a TON of patons wool all year round, but only their pure wool, not their merino. I purchase the merino online. The Lions Brand I can never find on sale.... Sign up at JOANN.com for coupons! Those seriously save my life on fabrics (like minkee) that are 10+ dollars per yard.

I got a 60% off coupon & a 50% off coupon, I think I paid a total of 6.20 after tax for the two skeins of the yarn for those longies I posted today
Oooh, great idea. I can't go to the stores obviously, but if they have good coupons online I'm all over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
wow, thread is slow today....maybe too much luvin' yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
I have been very busy sewing up an order this weekend and trying to get the baby feeling better....

And I"m been feeling guilty about the money that I spent.... so I haven't been too talkive....
I get buyer's remorse too...but unfortunately I don't usually feel bad about spending the money until it's too late to cancel the order or whatever. I'm trying to be better about thinking through whether I really need something before I order it, but it's hard. You've been really disciplined these past few months while you paid off your debt, so I don't think one little fabric spree is going to hurt, especially if you don't repeat it too soon.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote