Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
SAHM who have "side car" cribs question...

What do you do with your child for nap time? Do you take a nap with them?

We recently (last night) put my son's crib in the side car method on our bed. I love the set up at night, I think we will all sleep better (for me much better then sleeping on the guest bed with my son ) however I am wondering what to do for nap times. I normally like to have "me" time when my son takes a nap.

My son recently (okay last night as well) started rolling over back to belly (he has been rolling over belly to back since he was 1 month old) and now I am worried that I may be in a tough position when it comes to this side car issue, however great it is at night.

Anyone have any insite to share with me? Thank you for your help!

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
honeybee7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SAHM who have "side car" cribs question...

I am having the same type of situation so I am curious too!

bumping for you!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller

Well with my first child we go slept so I just napped with him and it was great because I needed the rest. When we had DD we did the side car. My bed sits about an inch or two higher then her crib so she couldn't very easily roll onto our bed. Once she became mobile though we put up the rail to her crib but still had them pushed close together so I could reach my hand though the bars and put my hand on her chest if she needed comfort. It made transferring her into her own room much easier.
BeckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our side car mattress is a few inches down from the bed mattress, with rails up on the sides, so IF I could put DD to sleep in it <g>, I wouldn't worry until she could sit up on her own. At that point the Arms Reach co-sleeper can be lowered.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:46 AM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm I guess maybe I need to get a bed rail then... We have ours with his crib that doesn't have a take down and up side. So we just took off one side completely. There is a bit of a drop but it is maybe an inch at most. This sounds rather silly but maybe I could just put cardboard in there between the 2 beds?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's a tough on. I don't see why cardboard wouldn't work as long as it is a good bit longer than the crib itself and has no way to fall in on DS and startle him.