Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
lisad1
Registered Users

Re: co-sleeping mamas...

My 17 month old dd was a lot like that and still night nurses. Some times were tough when I just felt like "I just need some space so I can sleep on my stomach!!!" lol. Those nights made me think about using some NCSS "techniques" but I tried to just trust that this was natural. 98% of the time I love co-sleeping and I agree with the pp - this is a short time in their lives.

My dd still night nurses sometimes once, sometimes 4-5 times a night but we are to the point where I don't really wake up anymore so it doesn't affect my sleep. You are doing a wonderful thing for your babe! It will get easier

Advertisement

lisad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
SarahLee318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd is almost 11 months, I nurse her to sleep in my arms, usually watching tv, around 7:30 every night then put her in her crib...she wakes at about 10-11pm and then I get her out of her crib and go to bed with her and DH. She nurses all night, every 30 min-2 hrs. Sometimes I roll over and try to ignore it but she gets ticked so I just give her more boob and go back to sleep. I am going to try to enjoy it too cause she won't do it forever...but it is exhasting. My DH gets up with her sometimes on the weekends and lets me get an hour or two of SLEEP in the morning...boy is that nice.

Follow me on Facebook to see my latest creations!
SarahLee318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD2 is 7 months and co-sleeping. I like the cuddling, but do NOT get good sleep.... but can't get up the energy to teach her to sleep on her own yet! However, I do try to jiggle/shhh her back to sleep without nursing if it's been less then 2 or 3 hours since the last time. I give in if she escalates, but I figure this is at least one step toward self-sootheing. <g>
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #14
ericandash
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the replies mamas! It is so good to hear from you about your experiences! I really appreciate it! What a great community we have here!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #15
jpicasso
Registered Users
seller

my 7mo ds is nursing several times a night as well
Old 02-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #16
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mia is 18months and she just weaned herself but she was on demand nursing! Ever since she was born we have always done it that way! She takes a Lulu (pacifier) and that would give me another hour after she was a year and was no longer using breastmilk as her ONLY source of nutrition, we cosleep at around 12months though we started introducing her to her bed as she would be ALL.OVER.OUR.BED. so we HAD to move her to save our sleep, she does though come into our bed about 2 or 3 in the morning and then wakes up at around 830... Her bed time is 8pm she takes a bath before bed almost every night too then we rock in the rocking chair until she is almost asleep then I put her in her bed, helps to have a night time routine! Oh and we also play a sleep CD with pretty music and rainforest sounds!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #17
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My baby is just 2 months old. So far I have been trying to follow the advice of the baby whisperer, and feed him during the day when he wakes up, and then when he starts to get tired I try to get him to nap without nursing him. At night he falls asleep nursing in bed with me around 9pm, and then wakes up around 12-1, and again around 5. I just ordered a co-sleeper, so hopefully I can start puttting him over into that before he gets too used to having to be touching me in order to sleep! He is like a heat seeking missile!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
Mockeh
Registered Users

Babies tend to have a growth spurt at 6 months, so it could also be that!

My son is 13mo and we co-sleep. He nurses about every hour during the night!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #19
Monzie
Registered Users

We coslept for the first month and then had him side-carred next to me in and Arm's Reach cosleeper until he outgrew it at 5 months. He's always been a "good sleeper," though and never wanted to nurse more than a few times a night. He also took very early to his "lovey" (see my siggy) and still turns to that instead of my boob when he just needs a snuggle. When we transitioned to the crib, his lovey was our sanity saver. I only wish I'd thought to buy a couple more of them before they were discontinued.

Anyway. Have you tried different types of lovies? If your baby rejected the one you offered, perhaps it just wasn't the "right" kind of thing. I used to keep Oscar's in my hand while he was nursing and then give it to him immediately after he unlatched. And I only wash it when it gets reeeeeeally stinky and grungy...so it always smells familiar to him.

I dunno. I'm not too much help, I guess...
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
We coslept for the first month and then had him side-carred next to me in and Arm's Reach cosleeper until he outgrew it at 5 months. He's always been a "good sleeper," though and never wanted to nurse more than a few times a night. He also took very early to his "lovey" (see my siggy) and still turns to that instead of my boob when he just needs a snuggle. When we transitioned to the crib, his lovey was our sanity saver. I only wish I'd thought to buy a couple more of them before they were discontinued.

Anyway. Have you tried different types of lovies? If your baby rejected the one you offered, perhaps it just wasn't the "right" kind of thing. I used to keep Oscar's in my hand while he was nursing and then give it to him immediately after he unlatched. And I only wash it when it gets reeeeeeally stinky and grungy...so it always smells familiar to him.

I dunno. I'm not too much help, I guess...

What kind of lovey worked for you?