Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

update :he's gaining weight! and vac's

we've been monitoring ds's weight gain and he's gaining more weight every day. he was slow at first, but from friday to monday he gained half a pound!! domperidone rocks

now on to vac's.... I waited to make sure he was healthy and because of my reaction wanted to know what they recommended as the safest way to go. I asked what the least reactive vac was and they just told me to go to the health nurse but basically just get them because the benefit outweighs the risk. ugh... i want to get him vac'd but want to do it wisely and cautiously. not just go in there and blindly do what they say.

looks like i'm on my own. i think i'm just going to do them one at a time and read more about which are problem ones.

Advertisement

Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: update :he's gaining weight! and vac's

Well the most reactive/pointless vaccs are varicella, DTaP, prevnar (this is what the health dept told me when it came out, when we still vaxed), MMR, HepB and gardasil (but you don't need to think about that right now). At his age Roto is a waste, and being live virus, and for an illness that is annoying but not that dangerous, probably best to skip it. Most people who selectively/delayed vax go with HIB and Polio as the first vaccs. They are generally less reactive, and most people consider them more important. Many people like the DR Sears vax list, it is a starting point anyway. I wasn't crazy about it, but I don't vax at all.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote