Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
My Mood:

Does anyone have a child with tourettes? Would you care to share any info with me? Signs, symptoms, treatments natural and other?

Mindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tourettes?

Our oldest...16 soon has Aspergers(Autism) and tourettes.It's been an emotional roller coaster but that's another post
We were in the car about 400 miles from home on vacation when the first tourettes symptoms came was a change in his breathing pattern-almost like a deep breath.He was 7 at the time.It lasted about a month and as fast as it came it was gone...until the following year-different movement that time.For several years it would last about 1 month and 1-2 times a year all body movements but no vocal.This past year we had a horrible time lasting from early spring until just before this past it was vocal-throat clearing and lots-nearly non stop body movements mostly hands.It seems to have subsided to nearly rears its ugly head but very mild...only those that know about it see it...others think he's got sinus problems or hitting at his little siblings(hmm)
Stressful situations really seem to trigger an episode and with aspergers that means it can be nearly anything in every day life.
Signs and symptoms? I'm sure everyone of us that have tourettes in our house could give you a different list.Are they making verbal or body movements which seem to be out of thier control or that they are really unaware of?
Medicne's? IThere are tons of natural things out there that work for some but not all-it's a trial and error thing.We have tried so many things...most make him sick-he has a very sensitive stomach.Doctors don't like to use drugs unless it could become dangerous as the drugs used make the kids feel awful(simular to ridlin I have been told)
The bright side...most tourettes is outgrown so we wait and hope for his sake it goes away...he has enough to deal with without it
HBuehler is offline   Reply With Quote