Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #361
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: Back to Basics Wednesday Chatter, who needs coffee? I DO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
awesome, thank you!

my eyes are finally droopy, time for bed! night
Night, mama! Sleep well

Advertisement

RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #362
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
Hi!

I'm here. I'm just brooding. Dd2 flunked her hearing test at her nurse appt today. The nurse said it might just be from wax buildup and to try again at the next screening day in a month. But she's not even 17 months, and there is NO visible wax at all.
so sorry...if it makes you feel better my 9yr old DD has failed everyone that they have ever done on her...she can hear just fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
You'd be suprised at what can build up down there, DS#2 had some pretty nasty things dug out of his ear
this is my kids...DS's ears drain if his sinus get backed up (think running nose out your ear thanks to having tubes and many many ear infections as a baby), all the other seem to have a good bit of wax...I just leave it alone and it comes out when they bathe/shower...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Faith, sometimes sensory kids block the sounds out because they are too sensitive to noise, especially high pitched or loud noises. It could be possible that's the reason, especially if you know she responds to your voice at home when she's not looking directly at you.
DD1 is like this...I say she can hear just fine because she makes it a point to tell you if you are too loud! Not so much anymore but she used to constantly when she was about 6-7 and she would get very upset if anyone raised their voice...she also doesn't like certain amusement park rides...she walks around saying "too fast, too high, too loud"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
That's where my entire family lives. I moved here before dh and I were married. Now that we have the little ones, I want them to have some extended family. Plus I just miss my family so much! Dh's family is in St Louis, so we really have no one here. He wants to move as well, but we just have no money to get there!
could you talk to your family about maybe helping you guys come back out that way? Could you or your dh go and get settled and then the other come when everything is just right? I know it isn't ideal but a friend of mine at work's hubby left for CA and she stayed her with their boys...good thing he did because the job he was offered didn't turn out the way it was supposed to be....so he moved back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
I use powdered shaklee for diapers and the liquid for our reg laundry. I also use a laundry booster every once in a while for extra power, and that is in a powder form. THink bleach only non-toxic!!

So i got a dry erase board today at wal-mart. I am going to hang it above my sink and write out a weekly chore/todo list. This is going to help me stay organized and spend my time where it is needed. . I am excited and hope it will work

Today was a fun chat day on here. . so much fun!!!
I have a dry erase white board in my dining room outside my kitchen doorway...I use it for everything....in fact it still has some fraction math on it from helping my 4th grader with her homework...not to mention a ton of other things....I got a magnetic clip and hung their field trip papers, conference reminders, school lunch menu...etc on it and stuck it on the white board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post
Ohh yay someone to talk to......

So how do i get to know you ladies, or you ladies get to know me???

i need new friends who share the same cding love i have.
just feel free to add in whenever you want! We are pretty free spirited...and apparently pretty liberal with our clothing options or lack there of today

Quote:
Yep...its called Split Rock Resort , the waterpark is a multimillion dollar park
I thought you were going to say The Great Wolf Lodge....my parents took the older 3 to the one in Williamsburg when DD3 was a newborn and I thought the other one was in the Poconos...I don't live too far from PA...about 30-45 mins from Ski Liberty actually...

WOTB: UB reg prefold w/ 2 pink pins, fleece liner, diaper cream, crochet wool soaker, crochet wool longies in bed
Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #363
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:

there is a great wolf in the poconos, they have a waterpark too :
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #364
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
yes, I've talked with my midwife and I've been on meds for quite a while now - they just don't seem to be helping any more...... hopefully I'll start seeing a therapist soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
You mamas are so strong to have this on your plate and still take care of your families!

Quote:
I think zoloft is the only one ok for pregnancy and bfing unfortunately .

Hey mama im really into natural herbs and remedies, would you considert aking Valerian root, as a daily suppliment, it suppose to help with depression, i take it and it has helped me alot, and its all natural
Quote:
as long as it's safe for breastfeeding, I'd give anything a try at this point
Have you tried Blessed Thistle? It's an herb...actually it is one found in Mother's Milk Tea and More Milk Plus so it is definitely safe for breastfeeding...I know this might sound strange but tea (especially the Mother's Milk Tea although I don't make it the way they say to on the box ) has a very calming effect on me...I usually brew 1 reg. tea bag and 1 Mother's Milk tea bag in a travel mug (or tall coffee mug will work) with sugar and a bit of milk....

I have REALLY REALLY bad anxiety....I also have depression which runs deep in my family and the lack of ability to take meds makes it worse for some...my bf is very supportive although not always as understanding...but knowing he is there helps...unfortunately he has his moments as well...it's life...if we had no emotion we wouldn't be human...it's also VERY weather and time change related...lack of sleep plays a part in your mental well being...the thought of the economy...the job market or lack there of...lack of sun and vitamin E...if your body is lacking certain vitamins or protein then your emotions shift...you can tell this around the time you get AF...you start to crave things...for me it is protein...I crave eggs, peanut butter...red meat and I'm NOT a big red meat eater at all....sometimes a change in routine, change in scenery...little things like that help...

well time for me to go not sure when I'll be on tomm. The baby has an early morning appt and I have to go to DS's school to talk to the principal because his teacher is wacked out of her mind again
Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #365
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NIght mama's c-ya tommorow!!
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #366
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

I'm off to bed too... night-night, gorgeous mamas!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #367
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:

night!!
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #368
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Link to Thursday's thread: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6365105

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:57 AM   #369
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
You know, I loved loved loved my receiving blanket flats when DS was outgrowing his infant PFs (mine were shorter than normal). With an absorbency test, they held 10 oz just like my infant PFs, but they seemed to hold more on the baby - not sure why. And it looked trimmer than the infant PF too. But they were kind of a PITB to fold down after laundering. I only had five, and that was as many as I would have liked to fold. But during that time I used all five every day.

I haven't used any in a while. I think I could still if I used a doubler, because I'd have to fold it differently and bigger and thus not be as thick. And I have plenty of PFs that do fit well, so it seems pointless to do it. That being said I think EVERYBODY who CDs should have flats. They fit when nothing else doesn't. They don't usually have laundry issues, because they wash so cleanly. You can stuff pockets with them. I still keep one in the car in case the diaper bag runs out or goes AWOL.

I love mine and will use them all the time during the summer...no joke when its line drying weather flats can be dry in as little as an hour....I will definetly be looking at garage sales for more of them....

At our goodwill here...they ask for $1.50 each

Okay I need to get a lot done today.....gonna post my list as it keeps me from mindlessly sitting here all day

go to mcdonalds for breakfast-hubbies treat
pick up a few grocersies at walmart
finsh up the 3 newborns that I started
cut out 4 diaepr order
snap them
sew them
2 pieces of mending (payin job)
cut out covers and more mama pads and family cloth
snap covers
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #370
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by Bumstoppers; 02-19-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote