Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 AM   #11
shell015
Banned
seller

Re: For anyone who has taken Reglan or Domperindone...

I took reglan and it did nothing. I mean no milk no side effects... it was like I was taking a sugar pill... I still have another bottle. I got it refilled and then thought there was no point in taking them they weren't doing anything for me.

Advertisement

shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #12
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

I have taken both and both boosted my supply. The Reglan made me irritable, moody, and tired. I only took it for 2, 2 wek periods while waiting for my supply of Domperidone to come in from New Zealand.

I have now been on Domperidone daily since last April, 9 1/2 months. I have a nice milk supply and it does drop drasitcally if I forget to take it. Take it again and up my supply goes. The only side effect I think it might have on me is increased hunger and a small weight gain (5-10 pounds)
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #13
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was given Reglan once in the hospital when I was pg and vomiting. I received it through an IV and instantly had a horrible panic attack. I couldn't sit down, all I could do was pace the floor until it was out of my system. The nurse went and looked up the side affects and found that that is one of them. I wouldn't take it again if they paid me! Not to say that would happen to you, I don't think it's a common side effect, but just wanted to throw that in there.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #14
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

First of all, this is great that you are doing this. When we (My LC and myself) realized I could not take Reglan due to the seriousness of the side effects, she really really really discouraged the use of dom. I felt "weird" about going against a medical professionals advice and it took me several months before I gave in and ordered the dom from NZ. Dr. Newman's online articles convinced me it was safe. He also has some condemning information regarding reglan.

I'm pming you also. Let us know your outcome! Good luck mama!
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #15
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Tanya- I wonder if she had succubmbed to the FDA's bogus warnings about Domperidone. They claimit was pulled because of heart related side effects. What they don't make widely known is that the people who had reactions to it were HEART patients given high doses through IV. Not people with no heart disease orally.

My Doc says it is because the makers of Reglan paid off the FDA, Reglan is way more dangerous to the average person.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Tanya- I wonder if she had succubmbed to the FDA's bogus warnings about Domperidone. They claimit was pulled because of heart related side effects. What they don't make widely known is that the people who had reactions to it were HEART patients given high doses through IV. Not people with no heart disease orally.

My Doc says it is because the makers of Reglan paid off the FDA, Reglan is way more dangerous to the average person.

I am sure that's what she did. It's just a bad situation because (I'm guessing here) alot of bfing mama's just take their LC's/Dr's word...so they end up with reglan (and it's nasty side effects) or quit bfing altogether. There's good research on the web, but you've got to look for it.

I thought it was interesting in the op that Reglan was manufactured by a Formula company. It's great that your Dr. is informed.
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #17
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=Moonprysm;615518]As a last-ditch effort, I tried the reglan. I didn't have any side effects, but it didn't seem to help my supply a ton, either/QUOTE]
chameleon607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #18
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i took dom (ordered from globaldrug) for about 2 months to help boost my supply and get my boys off formula supplements. i had no side effects and i think it helped with my supply, though i was also nursing more frequently too. i would never take reglan due to the horror stories i have heard. my son took 2 doses of it for reflux, and i will never give it to any child of mine again. he had screaming fits and couldn't sleep. dom seems so much safer and better tolerated that i can only assume there is a conflict of interest somewhere in the 'powers that be' that keep it unavailable to us here in the us.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #19
elijahsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell015 View Post
I took reglan and it did nothing. I mean no milk no side effects... it was like I was taking a sugar pill...

Same here...I didn't experience any depression just tired as PP have stated...