Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #251
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thursday BSRB No Stocking Day... What to do???

Di, I will ALWAYS love Outback They still call to ask me to come pick up shifts, but DH is always working I don't even know if i would want to work there right now, the economy has hit the rest. biz pretty badly here

Advertisement

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #252
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Ha, if i had to do the siggie thing, I'd be a CDing, BFing, WOHM because i like it, meat-eating, non-circing, vac-ing, making baby food when i have time, got a stroller and an ergo and happily use both, too lazy for makeup, co-sleeping only under duress, won't do CIO because i'm too paranoid he'll barf sort of mama. I have strong opinions on some or all of these items, but at the end of the day, i'm just doing the best job i can, same as everyone else here.

You know, at work all i have are salmon days anymore. I spend the whole day swimming against the current, and in the end i get screwed. My job is information security, and 8-9 hours a day i'm fighting that fight, trying to get people to do the right thing, trying to get my job done and not get absolutely buried. I come home and i don't have the energy or desire to pick a fight on APing vs. non-APing. I just want to chat a while with some people i have at least a little in common with (since most of the women i know IRL i have zero in common with), talk about the sprog a bit, laugh at a cute story or two, drool over some redonk fluff, and chill out. If i wanted to pick a fight i'd go to fark, (god forbid) slashdot, or snopes. EF and Diaper Q&A are the only forums i post on for that very reason. I don't have time for that sh!t anymore. So you can all throw things at me now and call me names or whatever, and i won't care because it's time for bed, i had no time to study this evening because of D, and i get to start over and do it all again tomorrow.

Life's too short.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #253
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Obviously, I am not the most motivated cook but you all have me interested in the baby food making.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #254
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At the end of the day, I know my kids better than anyone else, and I'm the one who is most qualified to decide what's best for them. Even DH bows down to this logic, since I spend AT LEAST 50 more hours a week with them than he does. Soo . . . I don't really care about other people's opinions about the choices I make and I don't want to hear them I used to pay lip service to "wanting to understand other viewpoints" but now I don't. I am a seasoned mommy, happy with my choices, my kids are happy with my choices, they are both healthy, they are both happy, our life is good. End of story. They watch more TV than most people think they should, but I swear that the TV viewing has made Howie more verbal. He said "hola" to DH today when we brought him lunch at work. Yeah . . . you can thank Dora for that They eat more chicken nuggets and donuts than most people think they should. But they also gobble down a wide, wide variety of fruits and veggies prepared any way I like. Everyone I know who criticizes me because of letting them eat so many chicken nuggets and donuts faces a daily struggle with their kids about getting ANY fruits or veggies into their kids. I get criticized all the time for not making them sit at the table to eat, or for letting them snack so frequently. I firmly do NOT believe in strict meal times, and *I* eat on the couch more often than anywhere else so who am I to force my kids to sit at the table? Our little arrangement is what works for us, and I believe that continuing to do things my way will make them into the kind of person I want them to be. Obviously the same is true for all of you, but you might do something different than me to achieve a different end result, kwim?

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #255
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2roo View Post
you gals are cracking me up, I think dd may turn into a chicken nugget soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykeikis View Post
Wait Di - Before you get off the subject, can you tell more about the baby food making.
I answered for her hope that helps

Quote:
Sara - Except the food making, yours fits me better than the one I typed for myself.
Thanks Megs I liked yours and Jenn's in-depth description really inspired me too!

I hope no one is offended. I don't think they would be... I am a firm believer in "live and let live" and I know that what works for me may not work for my friends, and their kiddoes. I just try to offer up suggestions for stuck mamas. I have been stuck in several situations since mommyhood, and if it were not for other mamas walking through these situations before me and helping me find a solution, where would i be?

Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #256
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Wait Di - Before you get off the subject, can you tell more about the baby food making.
You should get Sara to tell you more. She does more recipes than I, I think.
However, go to wholesomebabyfood.com Awesome AWESOME site, IMO.

I do things really easily....since 9 mos, C has primarily been into self-feeding. So, I have both a blender for thin purees and then a cheap-o food chopper that I use for green beans, carrots, etc. when I can't buy fresh (especially this time of year) for many things, so I just find frozens where the only ingredient is the veggie. (no salt.) Then, I just blend it up well in the chopper (or blender..I have one of those, too) and freeze into cubes. One-two cubes = a meal. I mix veggies with things like pastina or cut-up pasta, etc. Meat, I'll just cook a couple of tiny turkey burgers (thanks, sara for that tip) and break one up really small for C for dinner and freeze the other. Chicken--bake a few thin cutlets, freeze, and break off a piece for dinner..defrost. Rice--I'll cook a cup and mix with turkey burgers, too. You can do so much with rice it's ridiculous. 1 cup of brown rice makes a ton.
Honestly, it's easier for me to do it this way. I use jars on the occasion I am out (jarred easier for me to tote around) or I haven't prepared any veggies or anything beforehand, which is at least a few times a week.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #257
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I the chat we have going right now, but DH is going to be home (yes, very very late work night for him ) so i'll bbl to catch up but many of you will be so... if you are still here if not, goodnight!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #258
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Jenn - Yes, that is why I normally just keep my mouth shut on this topic. I could never even utter the word "babywise".

Sara - ITA with what you said about sleep and routine, totally.

The boys sleep 8-8. LJ still takes a 2-2 1/2 hr nap and BOB takes 2, 1 1/2 -2 hr. naps. I am a better mom because of our sleep.
babywise its been uttered
a young mom at the lll meeting said she followed it
Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #259
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Umm, Megan - Sorry if I offended you. I was actually admitting my "faults" (or not faults).
Old 02-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #260
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
babywise its been uttered
a young mom at the lll meeting said she followed it
I think the reason why those types of schedules are looked down upon is because they *could* lead to things like supply problems, but that doesn't always have to be the case. Just like doing a certain thing is not one size fits all, I don't think avoiding a certain thing has to be one size fits all either.

Admittedly though, I am not that up on babywise. I do really feel that both sides can paint whatever picture they want using emotional wording that gets to moms though.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote