Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #271
treala05
Registered Users
seller

Re: Thursday BSRB No Stocking Day... What to do???

I missed so much while I was gone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykeikis View Post
Thanks for the info Alaina. Are the newer ones the tan or the white?
My older ones are tan...might want to ask Q&A if there's any difference, but I don't notice anything use-wise and I know they're both organic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
I do not know how i missed Alaina's question about March Babies' bedtimes but I can answer now X goes to bed between 6 and 645, sleeps until 7 normally, but we have weeks here and there where it's 730 or sometimes 545 (but i do not go get him before 630 unless he is crying
I started out (when i was bfing him, mind you) with a bedtime of around 9pm, then within a week, it was 8pm, a week later, we were up to 6pm and all my friends thought i was crazy!!! But X likes to sleep. 12-13 hours is the norm for him, plus two naps of no less than 3 hours total (sometimes more like 4 hours total He's a sleeper, what can i say? he also thrives on routine, and if i deviate from the routine, he will stay awake longer, or sleep less, but he is not his usual perky self. I my happy man, so i do what i can to make him happy

ok, you all did not need me to write a book on that subject but i feel very strongly that good sleep = happy baby. My life revolves around sleep, yes. And i know that is not for everyone, but it works for me
Reese is a sleeper too. She usually sleeps 7-7 at night (though here at my parents she's been up by 6 every morning ) and naps 2-3 hours during the day. Both DH and I have been serious sleepers all our life too, so I think it's in her blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
ITA Hmmm. my laundry list:

full time Cding, BF (weaned at 6 months due to supply issue), FF (after BF), on-time vax, circing, hospital birthing, NOT co-sleeping, CIO, strictly scheduled, baby food making, sometimes jarred/processed food feeding, tv junkie, internet surfing, sometime baby-wearing, SAHM who wishes for a PT job sometimes but loves her baby-man more than anything in the world and would not change a thing!!!
I couldn't have written a better description of myself if I tried. We are very similar!

I like this little group we have

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #272
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, Starla--I am way FAR from perfect, and don't preach to anyone. I have many faults here, and I personally think you're doing a fabulous job. I know you're not here looking for praise or whatever, but I respect all mamas. Every single one. Being a mama is a tough job, no matter what choices you make. I am not into comparing parenting styles at all, personally. I know many wouldn't like my parenting style, but it works for our house, and the only person who really knows C is me. DH doesn't even know her as well as I do.

We can go back to talking about BSRBs and all other fluff and I would be perfectly happy.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #273
treala05
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by treala05 View Post
I couldn't have written a better description of myself if I tried. We are very similar!
Uh...except the circumcision part since we have a girl But I would in the case of a boy!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #274
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm here, just following along ...I have the lo... so I am typing with 1 hand, it's slow going.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #275
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Talking about BSRBs..
Di - did your hearts sell

So, I only have 2 TF left, then UF all the way baby.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #276
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
John wanted to do this because he read more on it and wanted B not circumcised. he takes the bottle.
Tell your husband that I said

When I decided I didn't want Howie circ I had an uphill battle with my DH and he's still not entirely convinced but he's not pushing it since Howie has not had any problems with his penis and adores it just like any other boy

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #277
westlysbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
I went away because the site was down for me....
This happened to me the other day... I can't even begin to tell you how much I panicked.

Quote:
Jenn - Yes, that is why I normally just keep my mouth shut on this topic. I could never even utter the word "babywise".

Sara - ITA with what you said about sleep and routine, totally.

The boys sleep 8-8. LJ still takes a 2-2 1/2 hr nap and BOB takes 2, 1 1/2 -2 hr. naps. I am a better mom because of our sleep.
about the 8a-8p. My brother and SIL are SO devoted to babywise. They have four perfectly healthy boys who all slept through the night by age 12 weeks. And my SIL had enough bm that she donated tons of it. I think it tends to be such a *hot* topic that neither side looks at it without bias. When I've read the book I haven't seen what some others report.

Okay. I am usually so UP on abbreviations... what in the world is CIO???

My bio: SAHM (and nursing student), sometimes babywearing, sometimes co-sleeping, selective vaxing, circing and non-circing, hospital and homebirthing, homemade baby food and jarred, not as much tv as I'd like (for myself ), cding, ebfing (except for the two times I've pulled out the formula to give myself a b-r-e-a-k and not felt bad about it)... what else Pretty much

I think each and every one of you mamas is the creme-de-la-creme!
westlysbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #278
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegsMom View Post
Talking about BSRBs..
Di - did your hearts sell

So, I only have 2 TF left, then UF all the way baby.
she has some pretty dipes listed 4 sure... I need to hold out for some uf... we have some tf and the'll do for now, but I keep telling myself any more gotta be uf.... it's hard, cause it will take a while to get a stash that way
Old 02-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #279
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by idefix View Post
I'm semi crunchy. My laundry list would read:

WOHM, BF plus soon to be pumping, CDing, non-circ and circ baby, babywearing, co-sleeping, baby food making, vaxing on time, composting, recycling and grinding own flour nut, but not buy all organic, internet addicted

I am banned to the bedroom. DH is trying one of the new nipples. Please, eat Fynn.
I forgot internet addicted.

I had good luck with the breastflow bottles, when it came to getting D to take a bottle initially. He did terrible at home and i cried and freaked he wouldn't take a bottle at daycare, but the environment and people there were so different, he didn't have a problem. Gerber makes a bottle called the... hm... comfort flow? Something like that, the bottle itself is triangular-shaped and has a shorter, wide-base nipple, and he took to that one too. Now we use the playtex premium nursers... i hate going through the plastic things but with the whole BPA thing... i figured they're cheap, it's a little peace of mind. He still won't take an avent or anything with a longer nipple... which shouldn't surprise me, MY nipples aren't that long. D is such a boob addict, he loves the booby and he gets no bottles at home unless i've been boozing it up. I can't give him a bottle, he gives me the most heart-wrenching, sorrowful looks and cries the whole time. He'll take one from Rob though, as long as i'm not in the room.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #280
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cio
cry it out