Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
Tummy Kisses Diapers
My Mood:
sippy cup help needed

the baby likes her nuby's.. but i HATE them. they spill, they leak, she can squirt the milk out.. just a big mess all the time. i tried her with a gerber sippy, and she knew what it was, but couldnt get anything out of it. what other soft tipped sippy's are out there that actually WORK?? cheap and locally available. (like at least at bru if not walmart) i really cant afford fancy sippy's like KK's or anything like that.

Amanda , Mom to Michayla10/01, Audrey11/07,
and Charlie 2/12, Wife to Karl
SAHM, ERF, EH, getting back to basics slowly
Officially ERF!!!
wildeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: sippy cup help needed

We have a huge collection of sippy cups... And after almost 6 years of using them and trying almost everything available including all those expensive ones, I've come to rely on the Playtex cups.
My YDD has one of these, it was her first sippy and has a soft spout:

However these (they have a hard spout,) are the only ones that absolutely *haven't* leaked. These are the *only* cups that my kids take to bed with them at night every night and they have never spilled for us: (Although ours are the older version from about 5 yrs ago, these look a bit different but I'm guessing they're just as good.)
Mama to my three little ladies P - 2003 B - 2007 & Freja - 3/25/09-4/10/09
And my two little men who are helping to heal my heart: Rainbow baby S - 5/2/10 and our new little guy due June 2012
Blogging my journey through grief.

Last edited by alternamama82; 02-21-2009 at 10:12 AM.
alternamama82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am a nanny and i have to say the non leak cup is playtex...I called and they are also BPA free now. Yay! But for a soft spout they all leak!
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching"
jewelzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
Lovin' My Baby Boys
My Mood:

PLAYTEX 3 boys and no leaks!!!
Sinthea mama to Kobee, Jackson, Grady and Sullivan!!
KobeeJacknGradysMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Registered Users

Avent has cups with softer spouts and we don't have any leaks with them. They also have hard spouts, so if you want soft, make sure you check for that.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I seriously don't remember the name of mine but I'll have to find out. We get ours at Dollar store or wal-mart and they are barely over a dollar!!! They work great for awhile but like anything else does start to leak over time. Mostly cause he now likes to bite the spout and carry it around in his mouth. Drives me nuts haha. But so far... they are the only ones he'll take.
: Fully/delayed vaxed, mommy of 1 autistic boy(1-6-08) and one girl(7-27-12), EBFing, semi cosleeping, divorced, SAHM.
SarahOxley is offline   Reply With Quote