Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
mom_of_4
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Christian Mamas

I am fairly new to DS and I am reallt glad to see there is a Christian Mamas thread. I'll be looking forward to getting to know everyone in this thread.

Advertisement

mom_of_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NICE! I was wondering if there was a subforum for this but the thread will do just fine.

Nice to meet you all. I'm Jackie from VA and am currently pregnant (31 weeks - yay!) with my second. I have a 9 year old step daughter and 5 year old son as well.

Oh yeah - I'm also married to their father (happily) I work full-time and my husband is currently seeking employment but its a really bad time. He was in a car accident and unable to work for 2 weeks and his job let him go. UGH!

I just keep praying about it - I know something will come up sooner or later, but I keep hoping for the sooner.

Jackie
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_4 View Post
I am fairly new to DS and I am reallt glad to see there is a Christian Mamas thread. I'll be looking forward to getting to know everyone in this thread.
I try to put one up ever few weeks (when this one gets to about 7-9 pages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjacqueline View Post
NICE! I was wondering if there was a subforum for this but the thread will do just fine.

Nice to meet you all. I'm Jackie from VA and am currently pregnant (31 weeks - yay!) with my second. I have a 9 year old step daughter and 5 year old son as well.

Oh yeah - I'm also married to their father (happily) I work full-time and my husband is currently seeking employment but its a really bad time. He was in a car accident and unable to work for 2 weeks and his job let him go. UGH!

I just keep praying about it - I know something will come up sooner or later, but I keep hoping for the sooner.

Jackie
Hi Jackie welcome

Well we lost power last night about 11pm and it came on about 10am this morning. We have ice and snow and rain...it is really yukky out there. But all is well. I must say...putting a 3 year old in the bed with us along with our almost one year old was not the fun time of the night. Our 3 year old moves ALOT and she was kicking me and so me and the youngest slept on the floor.
"Freedom is not Free"
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
luvmygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
Ouch! Man, that's a high deductible, but better than none at all, huh? Call the hospital to see if you can get the bill to come down. If you can, offer a lump sum payment of a certain percentage and call it even. They do that sometimes.
I'm going to try. I had four stitches, one shot of Tetnus (sp?) and two shots of Novocaine. I figure it'll be about $1000.00... I heard as long as you send them SOMETHING they cannot put you into collections. I don't know for sure though. I am just waiting for the bill to in....

Free money with Swagbucks! http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=345855
luvmygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:28 AM   #15
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you do bible study?
Just wondering who out there attends a weekly bible study? Do your kids also attend? Our church is great, but the weekly bible study is Wednesday nights from 7-8:15. it is just so late for our kids who are usually in bed by 8pm. I'm sad to say that we used to attend but just can't anymore since our kids are a wreck the next day from missing sleep. They dont usually nap, so that's not an option - they are pretty hyper usually.
Just wondering what the other churches do. Is your bible study earlier? Do they include dinner? Many families here are 2x income families, so both parents work til 5:30 or 6.
talk soon!

Last edited by vintagegyrl; 02-21-2009 at 02:31 PM.
vintagegyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #16
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi, mamas!