Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
Formerly: Say It With Heat
seller

? For those who delay or do not vax

Did you ever get something in the mail from the county you live in about why all or certain vaxes were not done? I am not sure what to do about it. He is only missing his MMR. I am not going to be doing it any time in the near future, either. He is having eye surgery in less than a month so I feel (in my mind) that he shouldn't have it for at least 6 months after his surgery. Should I call the County Health nurse for a chat? Thanks

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: ? For those who delay or do not vax

My 3 year old has had all of his vax, but my 17 month old hasn't had any other than the 1 they gave him in the hospital (I didn't think to stop them). I have never received anything in the mail about vaccines. I would just ignore it. They can't force you to do anything you don't want to do.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well if they are just asking why.. maybe they are starting to look into why so many mama's are doing this now. I mean it couldn't hurt to let them know why. Maybe if you do, they will leave you alone about it.

On another note, I know what you are going through. My son had surgery on Jan 16th and his 1 year was on the 22nd. I had already decided he wasn't going to get his shots that close to surgery. It annoyed me when the pedi tried to push me into it. But yeah anyways, maybe they are just starting to think it's more then a trend and there are serious reasons to why people aren't vaxing.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
Formerly: Say It With Heat
seller

I might just give the nurse a call on Monday. I actually switched Drs. 2 times because they were being super pushy about shots! I do them at my own pace. When Parker was 4 months old he had 4 shots at once. We went home and a few hrs later he started screaming and screaming then went to sleep and I couldn't wake him up. We ran him to the Hospital where he woke up and was screaming some more. Instead of the Docs trying to find out if it was some sort of reaction they kept asking if I dropped him or if he fell. I was so mad! So, that is why I delay and worry.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
momtoamiracle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never gotten anything.

I would just worry they would give you a hard time if you did call. But maybe since he's having surgery she would be a bit more understanding.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No we haven't, and they shouldn't bother you. I did get one of the mailers from the governor about how important vaccines are ect, but I think they send those out to a huge mailing list (I got one for my daughter who was stillborn too, obviously it is based off of a hospital registry of some kind). I even have a vax exemption which here in Tx requires sending off to the state health department, so I'm sure my kids are on a list. But we have never been bothered. I wouldnt' call the health nurse, they are just going to give you greif about it and you don't need that.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote