Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
ladybug6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When should I be concerned??

Hi Ladies,

I have a daycare and have an 18 month old that has been worrying me for a while. She is 7 weeks older then my DD, and I do not believe that comparing children is a good way to see differences, but she is falling WAY behind in certain things.

She is SOOO tiny. She lost .5lbs from her 12 to 18 month visit. She only grew 1/2 inch. She is sick and has "weird" BMs all the time. I change diapers for a living, so I have seen it all and her's are WEIRD!!

She has started to become a really unhappy child. Mom and Dad says she wines and cried all the time at home, and she is better at school, but she does cry more then she did. I keep hoping it is a phase, but it seems like this might be her personality.

When should I start getting worried and suggest she see a different DR??

Advertisement

Expecting #4 4/4/2011
ladybug6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
jaceraden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When should I be concerned??

A second opinion is never a bad idea - despite the fact that all of the things you mentioned are subjective and aren't terribly alarming in themselves. My own DD actually fits into most of the weird things you've mentioned above and she's perfectly fine. However, that's not always the case. Why not err on the side of caution and get her checked out by someone else just to put minds at ease or get something taken care of ASAP. Better to be seen as caring and possibly meddling than have a child go untreated if there is a problem IMO
jaceraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe allergies? Like to dairy or something...
Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Does she eat normally? Our DD Taci had a lot of issues with food and it sounds like what she went through,the weight loss,being unhappy,and the weird BMs
I can't believe the ped wasn't concerned at the weight loss
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
doodah
Registered Users
seller

sounds like one of my daycare kids.....she is sooo scrawny and forlorn looking. i am way more concerned about her size and milestones than her parents seem to be. she was crying so much that i almost had to kick her out and her parents took her to the ped after MONTHS of me talking to them about stuff. she had reflux and other dietary issues. things are better now though, thankfully. she is still so tiny though that a friend came over and thought she was an infant! she's almost 9 months!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote