Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
spotsmum13
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Returning borrowed clothes with lots of wear & tear

I would make sure they were as clean as you can get them. But by returning all of them it gives her to choice whether she wants to keep them or not. To her they could be good play clothes. But if it were me I would also throw in some clothes that were the same size. If it were me I would do a comperable shirt to a comperable shirt, I would try to do a gap t for a gap t, a walmart pj's for walmart pj's. But the idea of a consignment store is a good idea, because the stuff she did loan you wasn't new. I would also just write a little note and put it inside the box when you return it. It could be embarrasing for you to have to explain and her to possibly refuse the clothes you threw in. But by not saying anything and just writing a note, she cannot refuse your kind gesture.
I remember loaning clothes to people, and it made me more angry when I didn't get things back then getting them back in bad shape, and one girl who I did loan to did actually do the same by replacing some of the very worn items.

Advertisement

living in Mummy to DD #1 born Aug 21, 2001 (9years) DD#2 born still Aug 24, 2007, and due 09/09/2011
spotsmum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #22
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Usually "borrowed" children's clothing are not necessarily expected back. When my dd had my granddaughter, my ds was a year old so I passed her baby clothes. And then when my granddaughter was a year, I had my youngest dd, so my dd passed some of my granddaughters clothes to us plus some of what I passed to her. And the cycle went on. I gave her clothes with my new granddaughter some of which my son, my granddaughter and my dd wore...and now I have a box of baby clothes back...some from each of our 4 babies now going to a fifth baby!!!!!!! The stuff that got stained or worn out got discarded along the way and more stuff got added. Anything that either of us really wanted saved did not get passed.
You could stick a few outgrown items ion the box from your child!
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #23
spotsmum13
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just read what I wrote above, and I just wanted to say that in NO was did I intend to make it sound like you don't wash your clothes. I am sure you do and that you would return the clothing clean. Sorry, if I didn't make myself clear
living in Mummy to DD #1 born Aug 21, 2001 (9years) DD#2 born still Aug 24, 2007, and due 09/09/2011
spotsmum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:54 AM   #24
hopetc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I'd let her know in a note when you return them which items have damage or were tossed. Wash wear is expected and some amount of stains/tears/damage happens with toddler clothing. If it were me I might buy a few items for her boy as a thank you.
hopetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #25
cheygirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotsmum13 View Post
I just read what I wrote above, and I just wanted to say that in NO was did I intend to make it sound like you don't wash your clothes. I am sure you do and that you would return the clothing clean. Sorry, if I didn't make myself clear
no offense taken! I understood what you mean.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #26
mom_2_carson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anything I'm attached to and don't want ruined I don't lend out. Kids are hard on clothes. I'd just take out the items that aren't wearable anymore, let the mama know what they are, an give everything else back.