Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #531
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: WEEKEND Back 2 Basics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Monica, I thought I'd post a pic of my recycled longies for you to see that homemade recycled can be cute and inexpensive. Everyone else has seen this, so I apologize in advance for the repeat:

It's all about finding the right sweater. The denim colored ones are my only crocheted pair, the rest were all made from sweaters. If you are at least a novice sewer with a machine that can do zigzag, you have everything you need.

Not EVERYONE has seen these - wow, Cheryl; gorgeous recycled woolies!!!

So far today I've:
*dyed 4 loads of solids
*taken a few pics, but not loaded them
*made spaghetti
*washed the dishes
*washed dipes (not folded yet)
*picked up/organized the toys (that was so completely futile, as they're yet again strewn all over the house)

I still have to:
*dye 2 more loads of solids
*some HC stuff
*cut out some applique pieces
*run to the store real fast
*give DS a bath

ugh, I'm tired

Advertisement

RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #532
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's a Dell Inspirion. Whatever Best Buy has for $500 right now. Every four years I buy a new computer for $500 or less, and the last three have been Dells. Usually I but from the mfg direct, but this deal was better than any Dell had right now, and I got to take it home same day. I'd love to go Mac, but I can't afford to switch over all the software and hardware I already have.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #533
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
Has anyone ever ordered from this HC store before?
http://hyenacart.com/Rachelslegalpad/index.php
who was it that was looking for low-cost mama pads? ESPECIALLY liners! I ordered a panda pink pad and a red/white overnight one

I have decided rather then have my "stash" be all one thing from one place, I want to mix it up and spread the love

I haven't, but her stuff always looks cool - isn't she the one that's only 14??? Sheesh, what a motivated teen!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #534
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post

So far today I've:
*dyed 4 loads of solids
*taken a few pics, but not loaded them
*made spaghetti
*washed the dishes
*washed dipes (not folded yet)
*picked up/organized the toys (that was so completely futile, as they're yet again strewn all over the house)

I still have to:
*dye 2 more loads of solids
*some HC stuff
*cut out some applique pieces
*run to the store real fast
*give DS a bath

ugh, I'm tired
geeze sounds like you're had a busy day and have a busy day still to do tonight!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #535
slaloms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
It's a Dell Inspirion. Whatever Best Buy has for $500 right now. Every four years I buy a new computer for $500 or less, and the last three have been Dells. Usually I but from the mfg direct, but this deal was better than any Dell had right now, and I got to take it home same day. I'd love to go Mac, but I can't afford to switch over all the software and hardware I already have.

Cool. You actually can run Windows on Macs these days. You can have a dual boot and run both Mac OS and Windows. It's pretty awesome. You can then install are your PC software on it I do that with my Mac...although I use the Mac OS more than anything.
slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #536
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I haven't, but her stuff always looks cool - isn't she the one that's only 14??? Sheesh, what a motivated teen!
yeah she's a kid who is homeschooled and uses this as her art time...and is saving her money to go to law school. God I hope my daughters are like this
Old 02-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #537
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
geeze sounds like you're had a busy day and have a busy day still to do tonight!
Thank goodness not every day is like this! So many mamas are so much busier than me. I don't know how they do it!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #538
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok I gotta go to bed and I am NOT just saying that cause DH is home in a little over an hour see you all tomorrow! I am home with DD2 and LG (little girl I babysit) Let's just and for a nice day tomorrow....stilll have to think of the "theme of the week" and craft ideas
Old 02-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #539
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
yeah she's a kid who is homeschooled and uses this as her art time...and is saving her money to go to law school. God I hope my daughters are like this
No kidding! Well, I am planning on homeschooling, and am starting to learn my way around HC - My daughter is 13 months. What do you think; too young to be an enterpreneur? If so, then I'll start on my boy. He's 3!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #540
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks! Really, I'm just very fortunate to live in Dallas where there are lots of rich people that buy beautiful wool sweaters, then remember they live in Dallas so they don't get much use and donate to Goodwill. There are a lot of mamas and WAHM who are so much better seamstresses than me, but they can't find the sweaters I do! And I only get 100% wool ones, because I could never remember which ones are not otherwise. If I was open to blends or cashmere, acrylics I could have even more to choose from. I have just as many soakers and half a dozen hats too.

I've got a small stack of summer weight sweaters I need to make longies, shorties, and soakers out of too. I love to use the super thin silky merino wool sweaters for this. I probably get asked the most about this one, which uses the same kind of sweater:

The wool is literally as thin as a tshirt and works beautifully as summer weight with a thick diaper, or under any longies that would otherwise not be nightworthy or carseatworthy.

So ladies, if you can sew at all or know someone who can, stuff like this can be yours inexpensively