Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #691
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekend BSRB! Its *stocking* day!

Di, I'm sure you don't *need* it... i mean... how much stuff do you actually *need*? But do you WANT it?

Have you tried washing your sbish soaker a few times? I know you said the legs fit snug and from reading a few threads it sounds like this latest set of wool softens up a lot after a washing or two. May not be worth giving up on just yet...

Advertisement

I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #692
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla79 View Post
Di, I'm sure you don't *need* it... i mean... how much stuff do you actually *need*? But do you WANT it?

Have you tried washing your sbish soaker a few times? I know you said the legs fit snug and from reading a few threads it sounds like this latest set of wool softens up a lot after a washing or two. May not be worth giving up on just yet...
Well, if I bought everything I *want* C would have about $2K worth of wool. I'll think about it. I still have a custom to pay for tomorrow, so we'll see. I really *need* more diapers, but I think I will always need those. Diapers an entirely different need.

I haven't washed the sbish in fear that it will lose value if I wash it. IDK....I am sort of regretting getting the cover vs. longies or shorties. I mean, they would have been more practical to get. More expensive, but more practical. I had someone PM me 2x about it. If she doesn't take it, maybe I'll try washing it.
The wool is really stretchy, but it's soooo tight, too. Does that even make sense? I mean, the thighs are practically cutting off the circulation. I'm so confused.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #693
hkristine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hello mama's

I cannot believe how chatty everyone here gets
amazing, how much sharing goes on in this little thread. I wanted to just ask about the sbish issue. I just ordered my first soaker and now I'm a little scared as far as what to expect. I've read post after post about the lack of softness and so on. So I'm wondering if there was anything that can be done to them to make them softer.
I also bought my first sbish fitteds and after the first wash...the soakers on both ends must have pulled quite hard because they now have a hole. Has anyone else ever have to deal with this? it just seems that the soakers needed to be reinforced or something....I'm at a lost with this one
Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #694
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkristine View Post
hello mama's

I cannot believe how chatty everyone here gets
amazing, how much sharing goes on in this little thread. I wanted to just ask about the sbish issue. I just ordered my first soaker and now I'm a little scared as far as what to expect. I've read post after post about the lack of softness and so on. So I'm wondering if there was anything that can be done to them to make them softer.
I also bought my first sbish fitteds and after the first wash...the soakers on both ends must have pulled quite hard because they now have a hole. Has anyone else ever have to deal with this? it just seems that the soakers needed to be reinforced or something....I'm at a lost with this one
Hey mama. I see your post got lost at the end of the night last night, . I cannot help with the sbish issue, either, except that i have a new soaker and longies too, and i am that they soften up over time. I never had the older sbish wool, so i have nothing to compare it to. Come over and chat with us on our daily thread today, too, and ask your question again

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote