Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:
lexipro / heart defects ..... wwyd?

I've seen these commercials for a class action lawsuit about preg mothers taking Lexipro (anti depressant-which I was taking 1st tri for PPD after Gage) and I didn't feel right taking so I chose to dwindle my dosage down after talking with DR, I was taking a small dose as it was (10mg daily) I went to every other day then done with it by about end of 1st Tri...but anyway, Declan was born with 2 valves that didn't close resulting in a heart murmur ( they are 60 % smaller as of Oct 08 )...

Should I contact them? Is it considered a "defect"? Would it be worth it?..he's okay, and pediatric cardiologist said in Oct that when we go back in April she suspects it will be closed fully and he will have a clean bill of health...

Just wondering if anyone had any input...

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
spotsmum13
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: lexipro / heart defects ..... wwyd?

I would. Health care isn't free. Even if you get something from the lawsuit it could go towards his medical bills. If more people stepped up maybe it would make the drug manufacturers do more testing on meds before telling people they are safe to take while pregnant. If you get nothing it's nothing lost.
living in Mummy to DD #1 born Aug 21, 2001 (9years) DD#2 born still Aug 24, 2007, and due 09/09/2011
spotsmum13 is offline   Reply With Quote