Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just Another Manic Monday....BSRB Chatter

good morning ladies
no help on pee stink i use sposie at night
tempted to try bg for night since it keeps him so dry when we go out but havent tried yet
my heat bill was over 4 this month and over 3 the past 2 months. we have old windows that let everything out and in we put plastic over them in winter
our ac/heat system is old and needs to be replaced
our house is 2 story but the heat never makes it up heat and in summer the cool air doesnt
our house was built in 93 so its not that old they just decided to put the cheapest grade of everything in here and we dont have $$$ for the big projects right now
ok better news anyone see this
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details_au...=28260&vid=947

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #12
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! DH woke up Carter talking to me this morning so we were up EARLY. Grrrrr. I have lots of sewing to do today for the fundraiser so I won't be around too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
All right, anyone have tips to avoid overnight stench?

I love using the cloth at night now that both kids are okay with it but in the AM...mostly with DS, I can smell him before he is even down the stairs! It smells very similar to a skunk...

None of our other diapers have the issue and when they are clean and dry they are fine...its just the overnight pee I guess? It smells *horrible*.

Any ideas? I don't want to hurt the elastic on the diapers either....
I have the same problem. The only thing that works is to bleach the nighttime soakers and microfiber and then the stink will stay away, but not for long. I've used tide, all, and simply clean and the same thing with all. I do a vinegar soak and that seems to help some but it is still there.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #13
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies!

Well . . . today at the butt crack of dawn, my Beco must have arrived because it is sitting inside my entryway now. DH must have seen it on the way out. I haven't opened it yet because I'm about to jump in the shower, but I just wanted to share that my reviews (and maybe action shots later) are forthcoming.

I think PUL needs to be eliminated from your nighttime routine in order to avoid the stink. When DD wears a fitted to bed I put her Just Ducky wool longies over it but sometimes she wears an all fleece Snap-EZ pocket with two hemp inserts and that works fine too. There are two reasons why it gets bad overnight; the pee is sitting so much longer than it normally would. Have you ever opened your wet bag on wash day and smelled WAY more ammonia smell than you would during a diaper change? That's kind of what happens overnight. You're talking about more pee that has been in the diaper for longer. Couple that with PUL and you've got more pee that has been marinating in the diaper for longer Also, especially for an older kid, the pee that goes into the overnight diaper is more concentrated. He's probably not peeing all night long at that age, it's probably just one or two sizeable pees that are saturating the diaper. You know how they tell you to use your first morning's urine when you're taking a pregnancy test? Or how it is more yellow in the toilet in the mornings? That pee is what's in the nighttime diaper, so it is more likely to stink than a daytime diaper with less potent pee in it, that gets changed sooner.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #14
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good morning... Im just poping in and out.. I am feeling so much better today. We have a full day with some playdates at the discovery center, so I wont be around much until the evening.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #15
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post

But I may be able to let you have that one after seeing this one.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 AM   #16
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
I saw this..it is really cute.

Morning ladies. Well, I used fleece liners last night and DD slept through the night and did not wake up screaming. I actually had to wake her. Wonder if she is not liking the wet feeling during sleeptime Something to experiment with.

Just wanted to say "hi". Gotta get some breakfast and then start working. TTYL
Old 02-23-2009, 07:14 AM   #17
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post

But I may be able to let you have that one after seeing this one.

Oh that second one
Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #18
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I'm getting in the shower for real now! BBL . . .

Old 02-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #19
mommy2roo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
Morning ladies!

Well . . . today at the butt crack of dawn, my Beco must have arrived because it is sitting inside my entryway now. DH must have seen it on the way out. I haven't opened it yet because I'm about to jump in the shower, but I just wanted to share that my reviews (and maybe action shots later) are forthcoming.

I think PUL needs to be eliminated from your nighttime routine in order to avoid the stink. When DD wears a fitted to bed I put her Just Ducky wool longies over it but sometimes she wears an all fleece Snap-EZ pocket with two hemp inserts and that works fine too. There are two reasons why it gets bad overnight; the pee is sitting so much longer than it normally would. Have you ever opened your wet bag on wash day and smelled WAY more ammonia smell than you would during a diaper change? That's kind of what happens overnight. You're talking about more pee that has been in the diaper for longer. Couple that with PUL and you've got more pee that has been marinating in the diaper for longer Also, especially for an older kid, the pee that goes into the overnight diaper is more concentrated. He's probably not peeing all night long at that age, it's probably just one or two sizeable pees that are saturating the diaper. You know how they tell you to use your first morning's urine when you're taking a pregnancy test? Or how it is more yellow in the toilet in the mornings? That pee is what's in the nighttime diaper, so it is more likely to stink than a daytime diaper with less potent pee in it, that gets changed sooner.
yay for beco shots, I really want one please convince me
Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #20
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning, mamas! I was up all night with Isaac. I think he's getting what DH has. Poor baby. DH stayed home with the boys but called for backup (his parents).

Now I'm at work, desperately trying not to be a smarta$$. I have to write an eval justifying a recommendation I made, and I just want to write "BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

That's great that you're doing that, Jordan. I need to look at all the wonderful things people donated and decide whether to bid or just donate PP.