Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Cervical Length @ 28 wks

I've bee having my CL checked every 3 weeks since about 20 weeks or so. It's been great so far! A month ago, at 24 weeks it was about 3cm. Perfect. Today it was less than 2cm--1.something. I haven't been contracting, only frequent BH for months now.

I go on the 16th for my growth scan and to be re-measured. I'm a little worried! My OB didn't tell me much, as far as what to do/not do. He said I'll know if my CL gets too short because I'll have watery, possibly bloody discharge...

I know this doesn't mean I'll have these twins before 36 weeks but I know that my chances ARE increased since the length is shortening. My husband takes vaca on the 16th and we want to take our 2 year old on a trip. Nowhere more than a few hours away. I don't even wanna call my OB and ask if I can go!! He likes to try and scare me into thinking I'm going to drop these babies any day...but then doesn't even want to do a FFN!! My midwife is a CPM so I don't think she'll know much about CL and restrictions or the rate of preterm birth with a CL of less than 2cm.

PLEASE someone let me know if I need to be worried. I'm already pretty laid back, I only get out of the house like 1 day a week and my husband does most of the cooking/cleaning now. Should I put myself on bedrest until the my next CL scan and go from there?? Bedrest with a 2.5 year old...

Advertisement

Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cervical Length @ 28 wks

HUGS dear. I'm at 29 weeks and effaced 50%+ (last pelvic check was at 28 weeks, before that at 25 weeks I was already starting to efface) and on full bedrest now only allowed to get up for bathroom and food (and to attend my 3 year old when she needs something that didn't get done the last time I was up). IDK my actual cirvical length since we only just have 1 at 20 weeks, just the pelvic check my midwife did showed the effacement. If your concerned about it, your OB should be aswell and able to put your mind at ease by answering any questions and such. If you need to chat, shoot me a PM

ETA: yeah bedrest with a 3 year old has been more than interesting to say the least.....
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
BlsdMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama, I don't have multiples, but I DO have an incompetent cervix. If it scared your OB, he'd have said something, and loudly and forcefully. I have been under 2 cm in length at less than 20 weeks before.

Bedrest really doesn't do much. The studies are really pointing towards it being useless. No one can tell exactly what triggers labor. Now, should you take it easy? Absolutely. But you really hit a mile marker when you passed 28 weeks. 32 is the really big milestone!!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
TwinsMake9
Registered Users
seller

Hey Britt....I think I would take it very easy as You do not want preemie twins in the NICU! Anything you can do to help prevent labor and to keep those babies in there longer, the better.

I had lots of contractions with both sets of twins but he never checked cervix length. I did go into labor with the second set at 33 weeks and was hospitalized for a lil over a week. I know the besdrest thing is tough but the dr put me on what he called modified bedrest and that was hard as it was summer and the whole crew was home!! It was also good as my older ones helped with the lil ones a bit.

Good Luck hun...I am hoping and praying you can hold those lil ones in till 36 weeks so you can get that home delivery you wanted!!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How was that growth scan? My cervix was always long. So i cant help you there..
I hope everything is okay. and i hope you are taking it easy.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello to anybody who still is reading this
I'm on bedrest now, thanks to an 18 hour stay in L&D to stop contractions at 28 weeks! I'm 30 now and at last check was 75% effaced and my cervix is still at the borderline for length.
My last growth scan, a week ago, showed the babies to be around 2lb7oz and 2lb11oz. I just gotta keep them in for another 5-6 weeks and I can have my home birth with healthy babies!! YAY!
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
ktmo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am glad to hear an update. Congrats to making it to 30 weeks. Keep those babies cooking a little longer.
Katie - DD#1 - 5/05 and DD#2 - 4/07
Search and Win with swagbucks
See my Shopping Reviews
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote