Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #761
cakeums
Registered Users
Formerly: mn***r
seller

My Mood:
Re: I love WOOL a bushel and a peck... THURSDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
Finally my bulky peruvian is in stock at knit picks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandlollipops View Post
yes, we LOVE SAndra Boyton books - lily loves 'but not the hippopotumus'
DD loves that one and The Belly Button Book the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post

So I took the baby and the dog to Bent Creek (our favorite hiking park that's part of a Nat'l Forest) and actually ran today. I haven't done that in forever. And it kicked my ***. At this time two years ago I was training for a half marathon. Today I barely managed 2.5 miles. (At least there was major elevation gain and I had a baby in a Chariot, but still.)
I'm jealous. I discovered that I LOVE to run last year, and it feels so weird not to now. I've only gone 3x since I found out I was PG, twice in the 1st tri and then 3 weeks ago. I was so sore after the last time that I couldn't move! I only usually go 1.5-2 miles, so not far, but I'm used to being able to do an 8-9 minute mile like it's no big deal and I was in excruciating pain after jogging at a snail's pace for 1.5 miles! Can't wait to run post-baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
Hey! I've been sewing and am getting ready to help DH finish cooking down the syrup outside. He's getting lonely now that it is dark... I'd really like to go to bed

I made these:

My first attempt so they are pretty rough, but I learned a lot and know what to do for the next pair. That's what matters, right?
Love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiea View Post
Dora and Handy Manny is how my son learned to count in Spanish. I dunno, sounds 'educational' to me.

so, someone asked for pics of the faux-hawk we did for DS1 after his haircut today. It's a bit mussy now, but here ya go - my goofy gus!

He looks so proud of it, so cute cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post

Asa went poop on the potty today. TWICE.

No accidents. I am so happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgirl1001 View Post
Does any of your LO watch any Dora? We just found that DD start counting in spanish (almost flawlessly), and we're not spanish speaking family.. LOL

eta, does it mean she watch to much tv? She keep saying sobe (or something like that).. what does it mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma'sMommy View Post
ROFL!! We were on the way to Bear's one year appointment with our ped and Emma was flipping out on me from the back seat. I don't remember what she was saying now...but she was hollering like a maniac. I was so over the edge annoyed with her I wanted to scream...but I just repeated to her (a billion times) "Mommy doesn't understand Spanish, Emma, you need to speak to Mommy in English.". Didn't work. When we got to our ped...she asked casually how Emma was doing (she was 2.5 at the time). I told her she was "great but annoyingly bilingual.". Our ped (whom I love or I'd not have been sarcastic) raised an eyebrow and asked Emma what she had been saying. Emma repeated her command to me. She was telling me "green! - go! - open!" Thanks Dora. Nothing like having a spanish speaking, back seat driver for a toddler daughter.

DD loves Dora, Diego, Kai-Lan, etc. and says a few things in Spanish and Chinese. I don't speak a word of either (I took years of French, fat lot of good it does me on Long Island) so I have no idea what she's saying when she quotes the shows.

Quote:
I just went back for the sock yarn. It was gone. You snooze....you lose.
There will always be more yarn!

Quote:

Emma arrived...and I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadensmama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusmama View Post
I love it all, but especially the Quinn - love that colorway! I just finished Quinn longies for DD a couple of weeks ago (finally just blocked them today ) and will also have a pair of shorts and a hat for the wee one, maybe a hat for DD too if I have enough left over.

Quote:
I finished the second leg of Elle's KIOS longies... off to embellish... then sleep.

I need to be washing woolies. I just keep puting it off.

I don't like washing wool. So I put it off... thinking then I don't have to do it as often... but then I have more which means it's drying all over the house for a long time... and that's the worst part for me.

Sometimes I put the box fan on it which dries it super fast (like in 4 hours) but it's SOOOO loud.

Which means I should be doing it at night.

But then I'm too tired.

Okay. This was the most pointless of all DS posts I've ever made.

I'll see you guys tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some pics to share.
Sounds like me, I put all the wool washing off. I always forget that it's soaking unless I set a timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyttlewon View Post
I didn't find the picture of my shoes but I did find a picture of us in our wedding garb in the garden of the Flamingo:
That's a great picture!

Quote:
Great picture, Aimee!!

Here's a picture of my wedding shoes... w/ the smallest of the girls I nannied. She was my flower girl and has similar shoes.

The shoes are cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
I wore pretty white shoes for the ceremony and most of the reception. It was interesting to follow the Jewish tradition of circling my groom 7 times in heels in the sand!

Later I changed into my favorite shoes of the night. Boy did I get teased!
What a gorgeous location for a wedding!

Advertisement

cakeums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #762
cakeums
Registered Users
Formerly: mn***r
seller

My Mood:

After ripping and reknitting the top portion of the skirty three times to make the pooling look a little better, I'm finally working on the leg division. I did a clump of short rows near the bottom of the soaker part using the Cat Bordhi method that Julie posted yesterday and I really like it. Very simple and nicely concealed! I think it would look even better if I were working with a bulkier yarn. Lots of compliments on the LT at my knitting night though. Totally didn't CO for my Baby Surprise Jacket, but only 4 of the 12 regulars were there tonight so nobody was working on it anyway.

Now I'm off to go lay in bed and knit some more. Poor DH is exhausted and went up over an hour ago. He started a new job in December (he came home from Iraq in Sept and finished his reactivation orders in Oct, so we were really lucky he found something so quickly - took 10 months when he first left active duty and it was a dead-end retail supervisor job) and last week was offered 2 hours of overtime every day after they found out he was looking for a second job at the grocery store. So he's working 9-7 M-F, which we're totally thankful for, especially since the job is entry level and wouldn't even cover a rent payment if we weren't living with my parents. If we were still in NC we could at least try to squeak by on our own. Anyway, he's pretty tired and he got approved to work 5 hours of OT on Saturdays too, so he's going to have to adjust. I'm just happy for him because he's so not a confident person and I think it really helps that he's getting recognized at work.

Last edited by cakeums; 02-26-2009 at 10:31 PM.
cakeums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #763
chicky
In the Land Of Wool
seller

My Mood:

hi ladies been a crazy day here ugh so glad the weekend is almost here

well here is my latest handspun
i really like these colors
Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #764
Lyttlewon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nice Katie!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #765
mommyddeville
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyttlewon View Post
Nice Katie!
Katie, your spinning is getting so good, so fast!

I am Rain City Creations at Natural Serenity.
mommyddeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #766
chicky
In the Land Of Wool
seller

My Mood:

thanks
i am finally happy with what i am making now lol

i got that book in today too thanks
Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #767
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies, try not to be too jealous, I'm spending my night untangling an insanely tangled skein of yarn. DH was TRYING to help at least
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #768
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just found the CUTEST buttons on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...how_panel=true My dd loves peter pan, it is her favorite movie so I want to make a sweater and put the buttons on it. Any cute patterns that you know of that use buttons?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #769
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do realize that I am having a conversation with myself, but I love this pattern but it only comes in 12-18 months and I need a 4-6

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...igan-for-merry
Old 02-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #770
siriusmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm here! And I can actually see the patterns on Ravelry now
Those buttons are adorable! I love Peter Pan Not quite as much as I love Jason Isaacs as Captain Hook though I am no help on the pattern though