Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So tell me your tooth brushing routines (ages 2 and under)

So DD is 12 1/2 months and today was the first day I really noticed her breath smelling at all.

She has 2 teeth and is only nursing 3-4 times in a 24 hour period and eating lots of solids (unfortunately cheese is like her fav food LOL)

Anyway, so we've "practiced" brushing her teeth with water befor eand she loves it, but it's not something we really REGULARLY do.
She drinks water like a fish though...............

Anyway, just wondering what your routines are for your 2 and unders

Advertisement

Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
4boys4me
Registered Users

Re: So tell me your tooth brushing routines (ages 2 and under)

Well, when our kids get teeth we brush starting at nightime. Jesse is 8months old and he has6 teeth and we are going to start very soon actually. My other kids brush thier own pretty well and then we assist at the end to get spots they may not reach so well. I used the training tooth past with them until they learned how to spit because I notice my one ds's breath stinking and as soon as we swithched to real tooth paste he smelled better,lol.. and by that time he could spit,lol..
Old 05-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So tell me your tooth brushing routines (ages 2 and under)

DJ loves brushing his teeth so at bedtime, he gets to make funny faces while I brush for him, then he gets a turn brushing while I get my jamas on. I didn't have much luck with the little rubber finger brush thingy...my fingers are too big...but my dentist gave me a little baby toothbrush that works wonderfully. I had gotten a couple of tubes of the Orajel baby toothpaste along with shower gifts and free samples and we're still on those. DJ thinks it's candy...whatever works! I don't know why even though he's stopped drinking during the night, even when we brush his teeth at bedtime, he wakes up with his mouth smelling worse than his diaper!! It's positively FOUL!! So we usually brush again first thing in the morning. We're not as religious about it as we should be, especially we both have a family history of bad teeth, but DJ (22 months) does a pretty good job of reminding us if we forget to brush before bed. Anything to delay bedtime . He's in the stage of really wanting to be a helper right now too so after I brush his teeth, and he brushes his teeth, then he frequently wants to help me brush mine. It's kind of cute!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote