Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2006, 09:32 AM   #21
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of twins/multiples...help! LOL

as for finding out their genders, i think that is a personal decision. we wanted to be surprised, but at our first u/s i saw a tiny penis (16 weeks) and then at my next appt the midwife told us they were both the same. so much for that. but i really wish i didn't know. we didn't tell other people though, we let them think we didn't know. but like i said, its a personal decision. you are going to have so much fun. but i will tell you the first 5-6 months were really challenging, but worth it.

Advertisement

titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:44 AM   #22
Carrie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3g_1b
I remember holding Gwendylan for the first time in NICU, she was about 3 or 4 days old and I already knew her. She always had the hiccups so she was my little frog, Abigail was on the bottom by my pubic bone and felt like she was always using it as her trapeze, so she's my monkey. Kyrra was so quiet that the doctors had to pull out the U/S machine to find her a couple of time since she would hide behind the placenta (it was anterior) so she's my kitty. They are still very much like that..
That's so sweet! I think for us naming them was an important part of bonding with them and we needed the gender for that, but if you don't want to find out you can always have pet names for them.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #23
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=bethanyjoy] And many thanks for the positive words, too! It's amazing how many people respond to the news of twins by saying something like, "Wow, you're going to have your hands full" or "I'm glad it's not me!" Which isn't exactly what I need to hear!

I still hear those things! I just smile and go about my business.

Another Q for you - did you find out the gender of your twins before hand? Both of the boys were "surprises" and I was planning on that again...BUT...now that I know it's twins...I'm seriously considering finding out. If I were to end up with two girls or something, I've got some serious shopping to do! But...I don't know...any thoughts?

I wanted to know anyways but at 20 weeks when we were surprised with the twin news, I had to know! There is alot more expense involved and I wanted to be ready. We did end up being blessed with most of the things we needed and a lot of things we bought used so it hasn't beenthat bad.

On, and another Q... (yeah, I'm full of 'em) -- do you know of any good books for older siblings about twins? There's some good ones about having one baby...but I was just wondering if anybody knew of any with multiples?

My friend told me about a book. Let me ask her bc I had already had my twins so I didn't pay attention.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:59 PM   #24
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had twin boys back in 97 and they didn't have nearly as many cool things as they do now! I think everyone else has pretty much filled you in on what you need. I got a Graco catalog in the mail the other day with a twin bassinet PackNPlay! It was the COOLEST thing I've ever seen! If you're going to be getting one anyway or are thinking of a bassinet I would get that one! Its just so cute! I would also recommend a GOOD QUALITY double stroller. In the last 9 years I've had at least 5 double strollers (not to mention the various single strollers) and wish I would have just gotten a really nice one to begin with! Obviously I haven't been using the double strollers for my twins anymore, but I have 3 little ones that I've used them for. Good luck and congrats! Its always double the fun and double the hugs! Don't listen to people who tell you double trouble and stuff like that! Its the most rewarding experience in the world!
Old 05-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #25
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
Don't listen to people who tell you double trouble and stuff like that! Its the most rewarding experience in the world!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:37 PM   #26
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

Yep, get ready for comments! My husband is out of control with responses . . . he'll say anything just to make people gasp. (eyes rolling)

I tried to come up with comments back that were sweet but would also let people know they were being a bit intruding . . . when they say, "Better you than me!" I always agree with them - with that attitude, it's a good thing they DON'T have twins!

I honestly read EVERY book out there and was ready for HELL ON WHEELS, and then was happily surprised to find out it was nothing like that at all. And my kids are red-headed screamers . . . God gives out the grace you need for each day, and it's wonderful.

After all, it's like making peanut butter sandwiches, right? It's much easier to make 2 at once than to make 1 sandwich at 2:00 and another one at 4:00.

Here's to humor, double the kisses, and a whole lotta fun!

(I also tell everyone that's expecting twins . . . the "whole" is greater than the sum of its parts . . . it's NOT just 2 babies. It's a whole relationship thing that grows and changes. And it's AWESOME!)

You will be so happy!
Love,
Katie
Old 05-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #27
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

As a grown up triplet (my poor mother and father dealt with being "pioneer" triplet parents in '81) I can tell you that as long as there is love.. you can't mess up. I have two brothers... nope, we're not identical... and yes, my mother was on Clomid.

Often times my mother wore one of us. We never coslept (they had a waterbed) so we always had either our own bassinett or crib. My mother did not know she was having triplets until she was 7 months along--YEESH! They thought that I was a shadow (I was the smallest). HOWEVER, my dear sainted mother went FULL TERM with us.. had a c-section with 20.. yes 20 people in the room to assist (she was the first triplet birth at the hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area.. ! Yeesh again) and we all went home with her 4 days after birth. My oldest brother (by 2 minutes) was 6 lbs 5 oz, next oldest brother (by 1 minute) was 6 lbs 2 oz. and I tanked in at a whopping 5 lbs 0 oz. But we were all perfectly healthy! My mother swears that she knew who was who in the womb though--we all have rather distinct personalities...even to this day.

Just have fun and love love love them!
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote