Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy
Re: baby seems really gassy and it my fault?

pooping less frequently is not a sign of tummy troubles, it's totally normal for that age.

however, it could also mean that your baby is getting too much foremilk and not enough hind milk. this would make him/her gassy as well as reducing the frequency of poos since the foremilk is not as fatty. if you nurse twice in one hour, make sure to use the same breast to make sure your baby gets lots of hind milk

Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #12
Registered Users

Originally Posted by karabeth05 View Post
i guess this means milk cheese and all dairy, huh? SIGH...the things we do for our children... thanks for the info mamas

btw is rice milk any good?
I was able to eat a little cheese but anytime I'd have something really pizza, lasagne, cheese enchiladas....he'd have symptoms.

I haven't been able to drink milk since I was in my early 20's, so the only thing I used rice milk for was cereal. It isn't bad (waaaaay better than soy milk, IMHO), a little sweeter than cow's milk and kinda thin like skim milk. Be sure to shake it really well before you open it because it tends to settle.

Fortunately for us, DS's dairy issues were only temporary. So I only needed to change my diet for a few months. I still buy Rice Dream. though, because regular milk tastes really weird to me now.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #13
Registered Users

My dd had always been very gassy/fussy in the evenings and at night. At about 4 months she stopped pooping regularly. Long story short, turns out she has a milk protein allergy that led to severe constipation and non-acidic reflux. Removing ALL dairy has really helped. I feel guilty because it took so long to figure out the problem and it was such an easy fix. I do miss cheese though I miss it a lot. Hope you work everything out with your LO
nkt234 is offline   Reply With Quote