Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #511
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Re: Oklahoma Mamas, check in here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansmom05 View Post
actually there are a ton of us in the okc metro area! there are pretty regular play dates going on!
fo sho

lol yeah lots of us in the OKC and lots of playdates - about every other week or so? somethin like that.

Advertisement

Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #512
scruffypuppy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladeofmelons View Post
Hi Oklahoma mamas! DH just took a job for OU, so we'll be moving to Edmond/OKC in late June/early July. It seems like the majority of ya'll are in Tulsa... anybody in Edmond or OKC? It would be great to know somebody, especially since we won't have any family nearby (well, the IL's are in Kansas, which isn't too far).
DS is almost 6 mos old, and has been CD'd since his cord fell off.
Would love to find a group to get together with, and any insider info about Edmond(where we will most likely be living) would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks mamas!!!
Welcome! There are quite of few of us here and we do have play dates 2-3 times per month! I hope your dh's job is at the OU Health Science Center in downtown OKC cause it will be a long commute from Edmond to Norman. Amy and Candace both live in Far North OKC (close to Edmond) so hopefully they will be able to help you out more in the housing and school system questions.
scruffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #513
cobbfamily
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi welcome. I hope you like it down here. It taken me awhile to adjust. I am from tulsa, but loving it more and more. It you need help finding a house. Give me a idea you want. To pay or rent? How much? how many room? Do you want a house, duplex or apt? I will Try to help. Candace

Every one have great week.

Last edited by cobbfamily; 03-09-2009 at 07:55 AM.
cobbfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #514
tristens1mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Mamas! The JBF sale in Norman is this week!

http://norman.jbfsale.com/
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #515
Okmommy06
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ohh I so went today Misty, it was fun...but I NEED shorts and can't find them anywhere. I hate the short shorts and they also have to be a certain color, lol. I don't like the light colored ones and DS' waist is super skinny, he could probably fit into a 12 month waist band...anyways found 1 pair today, woot. LOL. I am thinking i'll make a trip up to the OKC one at the end of the month to see what's there. Thanks for the reminder btw.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #516
tristens1mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do ya'll look at the Thrifty forums? If you go to Walgreens, you can get Garnier shampoos & other products for only $.99 this week!!! Plus, if you get the paper, there were two $1 coupons, so you'd get two for FREE!!!!!
Also there are deals for Huggies sposies, as I've given up the cding ways.... Spend $25, get $10
Old 03-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #517
gladeofmelons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbfamily View Post
Hi welcome. I hope you like it down here. It taken me awhile to adjust. I am from tulsa, but loving it more and more. It you need help finding a house. Give me a idea you want. To pay or rent? How much? how many room? Do you want a house, duplex or apt? I will Try to help. Candace

Every one have great week.
Thanks, mama
We are going to buy , but will rent in the interim, probably for about 3-6 months while we look at houses, build up our down payment a little more, and just generally get to know the area. So I guess that our most immediate need is a reasonable rental. It's only the 3 of us (DH, me and DS), but we have a BIG dog-- 80lbs. I've been looking at apartments on-line alot lately, and between the short-lease requirement, and the dog, no one wants us . Any thoughts would be really appreciated.
Oh, and DH will be working at the Children's hospital. I think that's in downtown OKC, right?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #518
desertpenguin
Registered Users

My Mood:

i am back from our quasi-eventful not relaxing in the least bit "vacation"...hope you all have been doing well. i'm up for playdates on most Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. i'm in the process of trying to convince dh we should become church goin folks though so Saturdays may soon be out at least for the first half of the day or so. but hopefully i will soon get my driver's license and the ovaries to drive our recently acquired suburban and that will free up all the rest of the week for playdates anytime anyone feels like having them.
desertpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #519
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladeofmelons View Post
Thanks, mama
We are going to buy , but will rent in the interim, probably for about 3-6 months while we look at houses, build up our down payment a little more, and just generally get to know the area. So I guess that our most immediate need is a reasonable rental. It's only the 3 of us (DH, me and DS), but we have a BIG dog-- 80lbs. I've been looking at apartments on-line alot lately, and between the short-lease requirement, and the dog, no one wants us . Any thoughts would be really appreciated.
Oh, and DH will be working at the Children's hospital. I think that's in downtown OKC, right?
awe thats where Shae was delivered

look in Del City and Midwest City - they're both a very short drive from the hospital and the rent (especially in DC) is next to nothing for a small house. In fact, the Epperly Heights division of DC is SUPER cheap and they do a TON of short term stuff, not the BEST neighborhood, but we lived there for a year while we were house hunting. I think you'll have better luck with the big dog in a house.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #520
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpenguin View Post
i am back from our quasi-eventful not relaxing in the least bit "vacation"...hope you all have been doing well. i'm up for playdates on most Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. i'm in the process of trying to convince dh we should become church goin folks though so Saturdays may soon be out at least for the first half of the day or so. but hopefully i will soon get my driver's license and the ovaries to drive our recently acquired suburban and that will free up all the rest of the week for playdates anytime anyone feels like having them.
I THOUGHT YOU DIED!!!! until Whit said you were in Texas.....