Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #31
vinsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else getting viruses while on this site?

It has happened twice to me so far this week. I was scared to come on here this morning! I know for sure it came while I was on this site. Maybe it is true that DS is not infected, but something on here is!!!!!

I like chatting on DS (check my history) - I'm not a person unhappy with mods or whoever and want to get back at them.

Last night was the 2nd time. I refreshed my screen while I was in "extra fluffy" and the spyware thing came up.

I use Firefox. I have updated virus software. I hope they can figure out where it is coming from - because it is coming thru ds somehow.

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #32
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjunniper View Post
If you check the other thread, there are mamas who thought they were safe using Firefox, with ABP, but they were infected as well. Just be careful. I just went to www.malwarebytes.org, and did scan, 5 trojan horses!! YAY!!!! Gotta love DS!

WE are and have been looking into this. IT is tough to hunt things down when we can't replicate it.

Also just because your software detects trojan horses it doesn't mean it came from DS.

We are working to try to replicate the issue and fix it.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #33
ATallGiraffe
Registered Users
Formerly: janny17
seller
seller

How do I know if my computer is infected? My antivirus says everything is fine.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #34
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsmommy View Post
It has happened twice to me so far this week. I was scared to come on here this morning! I know for sure it came while I was on this site. Maybe it is true that DS is not infected, but something on here is!!!!!

I like chatting on DS (check my history) - I'm not a person unhappy with mods or whoever and want to get back at them.

Last night was the 2nd time. I refreshed my screen while I was in "extra fluffy" and the spyware thing came up.

I use Firefox. I have updated virus software. I hope they can figure out where it is coming from - because it is coming thru ds somehow.
ITA...I have no issue with the mods/Lee whatsoever. Nothing but respect for them. But really...it HAS to be DS. When you have nothing else running? And it only happens when you're on here? Not just a coincidence.
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #35
chimichanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Also just because your software detects trojan horses it doesn't mean it came from DS.
This is the part that I find insulting. If you use Google Chrome, which is the highest level of security, you can't even get onto DS because it forbids access saying that malware is detected. It happens ONLY when I click on here, and at least 3x a week for me. (I'm on here multiple times a day).

If the problem isn't DS itself, it's either the people you host with, the people who you run ads with, or something similar. Try going to your local library and logging on there, you'll see exactly what I mean.

And I should ad that it's very shady the thread was moved here instead of the forum in which it was posted. People have had so many issues, and many of the thrifty moms lately have talked about VOIP and Magic Jack, and if their computer is infected, not only does it have the cost of replacing the computer or repair, it would completely have them cut off by phone. I was told that it's not "thrifty" related, but really, it is.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #36
shortpants
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say the same thing happened the other day when I came here. Some warning popped up and I closed the browser, did a scan and it found malware. This hasn't happened on any other site.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #37
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

We are still continuing to look into this.
Please only post IF YOU HAVE IT POPUP MOVING forward. As we believe we may have hunted it down. ONLY REPLY if you have something happen after 2:00pm CST today.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #38
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My virus protection popped up twice tonight all after 4 pm
Closed Thread