Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I need Advise mamas!!! *Another Update*

Ok so about 3 weeks ago my son ended up in the ER. One of the 3 things he had was an ear infection. We went into his regular doc a week after the ER trip. He STILL had an ear infection. So they wanted to change his meds, and they decided to put him on 1000mg A DAY of amoxicillin!!! I tried to tell him amoxicillin does not work for him but he didn't care. The pedi said it was an amped up dose so it should. Well I don't think it did.... He's off his meds. He's suppose to go in friday but I think I might try to get him in today. Now let me say since Dec 15th he has been on 5 different meds for ear infections. He had an ear infection on the Dec 15th, then again Dec 29th. He had one almost 3 weeks ago. And then this last one that he just finished meds for. Now my question is... do you think I should take him in today or just wait it out??? Should I get a different doc for this?? He has had 5 ear infections and no talk of ENT yet. What would you do mamas???

*Update- have an appointment for 4:30 tonight. Will let you know more!!!

*Update* Ear infection is gone but the doc is calling the ENT tomorrow for me to set up an appointment.... it's about time in my eyes!!!

*Update 3-12-09* So the appointment is set for 2:30 on the 30th. I'll take that.
: Fully/delayed vaxed, mommy of 1 autistic boy(1-6-08) and one girl(7-27-12), EBFing, semi cosleeping, divorced, SAHM.

Last edited by SarahOxley; 03-12-2009 at 08:58 AM.
SarahOxley is offline   Reply With Quote