Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Registered Users
How long does you LO sleep at night?

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I am about to change the twins eat/wake/sleep routine from eating 5 times a day every 3 1/2 hours to eating 4 times a day every 4 hours.

Right now they are sleeping 10 1/2 to 11 hours at night and we have to wake them up in the mornings (most of the time). With the new schedule they will sleep 12 hours. That just seems like a lot of sleep to me, so I was wondering what kind of sleep pattern you guys have.

For those of you on a 3 meal a day eating pattern, how did any of you make the change to 3 meals a day (I'm dreading that!). What time do they wake up in the morning and what time do they eat breakfast? Do you wake and immediately feed? Right now, mine want to eat as soon as their eyes open.

ashleymarie_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How long does you LO sleep at night?

I take it you're folowing the Baby Whisperer? I love her but I never followed her routines as strictly as you're saying. It causes too much trouble to get it perfect, b/c babies haven't read the book. At 17 months now, I've always fed him whenever he wanted. I used it for the nap part of the routine and he's been sleeping 10-12 hours each night since 6 months old, I think. He's around 12 hours per night still. I've also never woken him up in the am, though. So he does 12 at night and 2-3 hrs during the day now.

He did 10-11 hours per night and two 1-2hr naps during the day up until 14 months, I think.
EBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
My Mood:
Re: How long does you LO sleep at night?

Our feeding schedule for Hailey 13 wks old:
7 am
12 pm
4 or 5 pm
9 or 10 pm (depending on when she ate at 4 or 5)

She sleeps anywhere from 8-10 hrs and I'm still usually having to wake her up at 7 to eat. Our routine still needs tweeking I believe but your LO's sound like they are sleeping just fine. If I let her I think Hailey would sleep 10-12 hrs!
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote