Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so done!

How do you mamas handle the sickies?? DS2 got sick with the stomach bug on Sunday. DS1 and I had it Monday night and yesterday. I'm feeling better but both boys now have diarrhea. I'm scared out of my mind DH is going to get it next, every noise anyone makes I jump thinking it a bodily fluid coming out somewhere. I am so tired of cleaning up and looking at bodily fluids. I am so done. I asked DH if I could leave for a couple days and come back when everyone is feeling better.

What is my deal?? Why can I not handle sick people?!?

Advertisement

ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: I'm so done!

Because it's gross????? Seriously. It's just gross. I hate the stomach bugs. Seems to be the only thing that ever comes into our house, and I always get it the worst. At least they are short lived most of the time and it'll pass soon. Hang in there. It will get better.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

EWWW I HATE getting sick myself and when my kids do...I can hardly move when I get sick, and can't take care of the kids at all if it involves throwing up or diahreah, I seriously have to call DH home...eww

Get well soon!
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So sorry!!!!

We got it last year when I was on bedrest with DD. We were so sick. My DH, and even my in-laws got sick. There was no one left that was well. The kids took like 10 days to get over all the lower intestinal stuff!!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am with you!!! DS has been sick for a MONTH. Last night I was puked on 4 times before bed. It was super fun. I feel so bad for not having the patience, but I think we just have to remember that we're just human! We can't be super mom all the time!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaG01 View Post
EWWW I HATE getting sick myself and when my kids do...I can hardly move when I get sick, and can't take care of the kids at all if it involves throwing up or diahreah, I seriously have to call DH home...eww

Get well soon!
This is so me!! It's comforting to hear I'm not the only mama who can't handle this very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
So sorry!!!!

We got it last year when I was on bedrest with DD. We were so sick. My DH, and even my in-laws got sick. There was no one left that was well. The kids took like 10 days to get over all the lower intestinal stuff!!!!

Yuk! No fun! I'm afraid it's going to take that long for the kids to get over the lower intestinal stuff now too. Bummer! Hope you guys stay healthy this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFishTwoFish View Post
I am with you!!! DS has been sick for a MONTH. Last night I was puked on 4 times before bed. It was super fun. I feel so bad for not having the patience, but I think we just have to remember that we're just human! We can't be super mom all the time!
Mama, I'm so sorry your lo has been sick for so long! I hope he feels better soon!
ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote