Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
crunchymomma
Banned
seller

Help...PED update

ok mommas help me. DD is 4.5 months old. She has been arching her back when crying (she usually never cries), wanting to be held all the time, spitting up like crazy, having yellowish/green explosion diapers w/out the seeds(ebf), not sleeping well, and her belly is making growling noises....This has been going on for two weeks)

DS was allergic to dairy, so I tried cutting it out of my diet. It helped a little. Any suggestions or ideas?

UPDATE: I didn't realize that it took 2 weeks to get dairy out of your system!!! WOW, it's worse than a glass of wine

Ped said that it was either dairy or reflux and he was leaning towards reflux. He gave me a med for her to try and she is SLEEPING right now and has been for 3 hours.. YAH ME!!!! He also said that milk is usually the culprit and that things like "some" cheese and yogurt are pretty much ok.

Anyone have any diet suggestions for reflux? I've already switched to soy milk. Thanks mommas for the help!

Advertisement

Last edited by skylernzoe; 01-22-2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: update
crunchymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylernzoe View Post
ok mommas help me. DD is 4.5 months old. She has been arching her back when crying (she usually never cries), wanting to be held all the time, spitting up like crazy, having yellowish/green explosion diapers w/out the seeds(ebf), not sleeping well, and her belly is making growling noises....This has been going on for two weeks)

DS was allergic to dairy, so I tried cutting it out of my diet. It helped a little. Any suggestions or ideas?

It sounds like acid reflux. My ds has severe reflux problems and has to be on special medication (we have to go to a special pharmacy to get it made) it has made everything so much better. He no longer gasps for air or arches his back or spits up large amounts all the time. We tried the other medications but they just didnt work that great for him. Luckly he has a great pediatric GI who was a great help. HTH
ISO GMS & Wool:

Last edited by Shyla; 01-22-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
crunchymomma
Banned
seller

GREAT What can I do?
Old 01-22-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would talk to your pediatrician. There are lots of medications that can help. We did have to go through some testing though. I had to collect his poo to rule other problems out. But once we did that it was great and he was put on medication (that worked but wasnt perfect) SO his medication was changed to something stronger. I know what its like to have a baby spit up puddles constantly and be fussy and gaspy (he was always gaspiing for air) GL
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #5
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

My friend's baby had these symptoms at four months and it turned out to be Salmonella (food poisoning). Her baby was bottle-fed though, and we think someone touched the nipple with dirty hands.

PSA: Eating Bison is better for health and the environment. Google it!
Marielblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
RobinOK
Registered Users
seller

Yep, sounds like reflux to me too. Both my boys had it. They were both on Zantac. Helped so much.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #7
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like reflux to me also.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, my neice does the arch back puke thing and she has reflux too. It is supposed to help to keep baby upright for at least 30 mins after eating before laying baby down that way they have a chance to start to digest it. It is supposed to help them puke less, but the only thing that really helped my neice was meds
Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #9
crunchymomma
Banned
seller

Thanks ladies, I was thinking either dairy intolerence or ear infection.... never thought reflux. Wierd part is if I feed her at night (laying down), she RARELY ever spits up. I am taking her to the doc today.. Bye bye $30copay But if it makes her better, it's worth it!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
mommyto2presidents
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, definitely sounds like reflux to me too. DD was on 2 antacids at the same time to help her. It also takes 2 weeks (as you may already know) for the dairy to fully clear your system. Also, think about seeing a Ped GI doc. He was a godsend for us and we never did have to do any testing or anything. Sometimes they can just tell based on symptoms, unless there are FTT issues or something. GL and keep us posted!! Hope all went well at the Peds.