Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #11
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Re: How often do you (did you) bf your 13 month old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0lanthe
plus dd gets royally peeved when I take her off before she thinks she is done. So YMMV.
yeah, my dd is also quite adamant about not being unlatched if she's not finished.

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #12
apricoty
Registered Users

C is almost 13 months and nurses at least 6 times per day. She also nurses 2-4 times at night.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #13
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Hutch is 13.5 months and was down to 2x a day, then he got his first ear infection and wanted to nurse constantly, so we are back up to 4-6x a day, but no set schedule or routine, he is finally night weaned and sleeping thru the night, but gets up at about 6:30am and nurses,nurses 2-3 times during the day, depending on what we are doing, then usually once between dinner and bedtime. He also take a bottle still ( I know, I know) with cows milk and eats a lot of solids, I know he is nursing mainly for comfort, but that is fine with me! I am actually glad he has upped his feedings again, gives me ammo for those who say I should wean...
Old 05-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #14
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

at 13 mo. my son was nursing 4x a day and whenever he woke up at night (thankfully only a few times a week) however our morning nursing session was very very long. He would get up at about 7 and then I would bring him in bed with me (DH doesn't let me have him in bed when he's in it) and then he would nurse and we would sleep/nurse unil like 10, it was great!! I never wanted to wean because of this, I got to sleep in till 10 almost every day!! I guess that's the joy of only having 1 that I'll never get again.
deejahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine just turned 14 months and nurses a lot, like at least 5 times a day. night depends on how tired he is lol. notrmally once lr twice in 12 hours, sometimes not at all, can be 5+ times though depending on him..

does nursing on demand sound like us? lol
oh and he does drink from a sippy, or cup, or straw or whatever he can get his hands on, as well as eat everything i do lol

i am noticing him nursing less though and it makes me sad too cause hes growing up..especially if hes gone long enough that im sorta engorged, or i wake up and he hasnt all night, etc...

!

Last edited by *~Mindy~*; 05-07-2006 at 08:10 PM.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:14 AM   #16
wheatie
Registered Users
seller

my ds is almost 15 months and nurses a lot. we do have a different schedule(i work every other day, so those days, it's just a few times a day, and alllllllllllllllllllllllll night, then my days off it seems he nurses all day to make up for the days i'm gone.) that's the way it's been since he was teeny tiny. i have noticed that on the days i work, he is a bit less interested in the evenings(he'd rather play with us instead)-but as far as my days off, they're the same as they have been since he was 6 weeks old, basically.

i don't mind the day time, but i'm oh-so-ready for nighttime to be overwith.
wheatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #17
cdnewbie
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the replies everyone! I never thought about the fact that I am kind of lucky that we aren't still doing the several nighttime feedings.

Question: someone mentioned nursing more on weekends. Is there any problem with doing that, supply-wise? I might like to try that. But I worry that I wouldn't have enough on the weekend, but by the third day (Monday) I'd be leaking during the day.
cdnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #18
rawkstarwife
Registered Users

DS was well on his way to early self-weaning by 13 months, unfortunately. He would still nurse one or two, sometimes three, times at night, but he wasn't actually getting anything because he nursed so rarely that my milk was drying up. I started offering him a sippy with water in it when he woke up at night for a drink, and he transitioned to that no problem. He would also occasionally nurse if he was REALLY upset about something, like he got a big boo-boo.

He's 20 months old now, and I still try to get him to nurse. He loves to look at and touch my boobies, so I'll aim my nipple for his mouth and he'll just laugh at me! A few times he's opened his mouth for it, but when it touches his lips, he pulls away and snickers. I wish we were still nursing, but it was his choice to let it go, so I have to too.
rawkstarwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #19
bethn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD was nursing at least 8 times a day at 13 months but she only really started eating solids around 11 months. DS will be one in 2 weeks and he nurses 7 to 10 times a day (just depends on what's happening in our lives) and he also doesn't really take much in solids.

DD weaned herself at 20 months and went from nursing 5-7 times a day to nothing in a matter of 2 weeks. It was bittersweet.
bethn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #20
momtoplhn
Registered Users

Talking Re: How often do you (did you) bf your 13 month old?

Ok so it looks like I may be the only one nursing two on here, but here is my two cents. I am nursing my 13 mo dd and almost 3 wk ds. My dd wants to nurse everytime my ds does. So at this point to help keep her out of trouble so I can relax and nurse ds i let her nurse. She is nursing 6-7 times a day, and none at night unless she happens to wake up when I am feeding him. LOL THis is very tiring for me as I thought I would wear ds in a sling and feed him while getting a few things done, but she figured out what was going on lol. I actually did wear both yesterday to hang diapers in the sun. Baby in the Bjorn and dd in a MEI TEi. My dh had a cow. Since baby is over 11 lbs, (born at 10 lbs 7 oz) and Heidi is pushing 18 lbs that was way over my postpartum guidelines. LOL
Up until ds was born dd only nursed 1-2 times a day. She sometimes even skipped a day. So anyway nurse as much as you both can, it is good for them and for you. Don't feel guilty.
momtoplhn is offline   Reply With Quote