Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #11
schmitz2308
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: EC and Crying

My DS (2weeks) does this as well. I feel like I am torturing him at times, however, he usually goes. Even when he goes in his diaper he still cries, so I think that he would cry regardless of whether I am pottying him or not. I am usually only successful when he is nursing though.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #12
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was wondering something along similar lines. When DD wakes at night - she is really upset when we potty her first, then feed. She's rather eat right away then we potty her. It's confusing to me because I thought she'd like to pee upon wakening...
Tonight it was like she was in pain. She was screaming so hard. I am so used to trying the potty first... However, she is teething.
She still does not get the "sit and go" idea. but she is getting heavy to hold... nearing 20 lbs..

Last edited by vintagegyrl; 03-15-2009 at 08:41 PM.
vintagegyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #13
aomatsu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegyrl View Post
I was wondering something along similar lines. When DD wakes at night - she is really upset when we potty her first, then feed. She's rather eat right away then we potty her. It's confusing to me because I thought she'd like to pee upon wakening...
You know, this has been happening to me too. DS is just mad if I try to potty him at night first, but if I feed him a little, he starts grunting does go if I offer. I was thinking I'd miss it if he ate first, but it's just not worth the screaming. I guess the thing is they are waking from hunger probably not from potty needs.
aomatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
ts149
Registered Users

Yes, I've given up on trying to catch pee/poop right upon waking if he is screaming. I feed him on one breast, then take him to potty and change him, and then offer the other breast. This is very new for me (just a couple of days) but it seems to be working well so far.
ts149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #15
emethhesed
Registered Users
seller

My friend's baby screamed and cried every time he went potty when he was a newborn so she took him to the chiropractor and he quit crying when he peed after that.

Maybe something is out of alignment? Just a thought.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:09 AM   #16
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had the same question. DS cries some of the time when I'm holding him over the toilet. I just put the diaper back on at that point. I'm thinking of trying a seat reducer... perhaps that'll be more comfortable for him (and me!)
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote