Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #21
cjs4kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OxyClean + Vinegar -----> WOWSA!!

I use a front loader & once a week I put a full scoop of oxi-clean & a cup of vinegar in the wash & they come out all clean, extra-fresh & extra bright.
I use this on my pocket dipes too & covers....and to be honest...I didn't even think I could be wrecking them. No elastic issues though.

Advertisement

cjs4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #22
shureeg
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the tip. however, i do find that oxyclean and dawn always get the stinky's out!

ISO: snappiable fitteds
shureeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #23
sassylilmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

bought some oxyclean to give this a try, gonna wait til the kids are in bed though just in case it goes crazy on me.
sassylilmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #24
OKKiddo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shureeg View Post
thanks for the tip. however, i do find that oxyclean and dawn always get the stinky's out!
I used the oxy and dawn combo and it failed me with these particular inserts. In fact, the inserts arrived to me with what *appeared* to be dried on poop. I washed them and the dried on stuff went away but the stink prevailed through every stripping technique I'd used in the past. I used vinegar, lemon juice, sun, oxyclean, dawn, bleach, baking soda, and tto. The only thing I didn't try was Bac Out or RLR (I think that's what it is) because I don't know of a place nearby that sells it and I hate waiting for things to arrive--I'm so impatient, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassylilmama View Post
bought some oxyclean to give this a try, gonna wait til the kids are in bed though just in case it goes crazy on me.
Good luck with your experiment! Remember lots of vinegar and a full scoop of oxyclean gets the best reaction! (And I totally get not wanting your kids to see you do it because then they might see what else they can do it with and then you'd have your own chem lab explosion )
OKKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #25
februarymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am definitely going to have to try this! I'll make sure to wear my safety goggles!
Old 03-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #26
manymillers8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is a homeschooler's dream. Yeah, nothing of mine stinks, but we may have to do it anyway just to see what happens. LOL My boys are crazy about fizzing/foaming/exploding ANYTHING, so this might actually make them interested in cd-ing.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #27
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oohhh I have some stained GMD light browns that I bought off FSOT that have stink issues....I am thinking I should buy some more oxyclean and try this!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #28
clothrookie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcruzme View Post
think this would work on non-ammonia stink? i have some bg os i bought off of fsot that just have a stink to them. i soaked them yesterday in a whole bottle of vinegar for about 3 hours and then i washed them with about 1/2 cup of bleach and a squirt of dawn. rinsed several times. they still stink. i can't explain the smell...it's almost like maybe she used tea tree oil but the whole bottle! :yikes i don't know what to do!
I had a BG that smelled awful, the diaper, not the insert. Since I switched to Tide Free 2x liquid, it no longer stinks. Nothing different no soaking etc. Just with repeated regular washing it finally smells normal. Maybe if you dont want to wash all your dipes in tide, just try that one. Who knows. It worked for me.
clothrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #29
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'll have to give this a shot on our sock monkey embroidered shirt I can't get the stain out of. Reading this reminds me of how I clean silver... with chalk and vinegar.. it bubbles and fizzes. I'll give it a whirl.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #30
OKKiddo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by manymillers8 View Post
This is a homeschooler's dream. Yeah, nothing of mine stinks, but we may have to do it anyway just to see what happens. LOL My boys are crazy about fizzing/foaming/exploding ANYTHING, so this might actually make them interested in cd-ing.
LOL! Yep, I think they'd get a kick out of it. Do a contest of who can get the biggest fizz (not boom!) with a prefold, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
oohhh I have some stained GMD light browns that I bought off FSOT that have stink issues....I am thinking I should buy some more oxyclean and try this!
Definitely worth giving a try! I was going to toss my microfiber inserts that came free with the dipes but then after this, I can't tell the difference between them and the new ones I paid big money for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthyBee View Post
I'll have to give this a shot on our sock monkey embroidered shirt I can't get the stain out of. Reading this reminds me of how I clean silver... with chalk and vinegar.. it bubbles and fizzes. I'll give it a whirl.
Hey, I didn't know that about chalk and vinegar! I know you can eat chalk for constipation--and I'm seriously considering grinding it up and sneaking it into my son's food the next time he is given a grape by a parent who didn't listen to my instructions (NO GRAPES/GRAPE JUICE/RAISINS or we have the runs for weeks!).
OKKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote