Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
liz_marie1222
Registered Users

Clear potty ?

Anyone try the transparent potty at continuum family (It won't let me post the link b/c I haven't made enough posts yet)?

If so, can you see through it to see if they've gone? Do you like it?

If not are there any other clear/transparent potties you'd rec?

Advertisement

liz_marie1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: Clear potty ?

I haven't tried it, but here's a recent thread on some different little potty's... http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=661949

The other clear one I know of is Babywunder. I believe its sold at www.theecstore.com - I haven't tried it, either, but I love the concept!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
llydia
Registered Users

I haven't tried it either, but was thinking about it. I read the reviews though and a couple said that they broke easily, one even said on arrival. I would think that they were true since it would have to be a very thin plastic to see through. That kind of made me think it wasn't worth it, because nothing flimsy lasts long in my house.
llydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
maliroo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a Baby Wunder clear potty from the EC Store and absolutely LOVE it We have a mirror on the change table as DD likes to watch herself and I can support her as she is not quite sitting yet, while making eye contact. Without having to check I can give her the congratulations and make the psspss sound exactly when she pees! I definitly think it is worth the extra couple of $$
maliroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
Whipple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the ones at continnuum. I dont have one yet, but I plan on getting one. The only way I can tell now if she peed is if I hold her in an infant hold (she's 30lbs, ouch!) or listen closely. I usually cant hear even when I do listen carefully. I should get one soon.
I like the continnuum cuz they take paypal.
Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #6
cottongirl
Registered Users
seller

Anyone own the one from continuum family? How easy is it to see through?
cottongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
dumaine
Registered Users

We have the Babywunder and love it! I don't know how we could have done it without it... My DS uses the regular potty now, but when he was smaller he liked sitting there forever sometimes before he went. We used to place the Babywunder in front of a mirror on the floor and just play until he did his deed. It would have been hard for us if I couldn't just see when he went and had to keep lifting him to look-since many of the little potties you can not hear when they go. I think it would have been annoying to him as well.

So for us it was priceless. We have had it for well over a year and it is in great shape even though we are *very* rough on it. It does have a little splinter like crack (maybe 1/2"?), but you can only see it-not feel it. DS still occasionally uses it if he doesn't feel like going on the big potty. Ok, hth!

ecaPants are patent pending
dumaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #8
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the one from the EC store - bought it for my DS, now 4. My DD is starting to use it now (2yo). I love it because you don't have to lift them up to check if they went AND they love to see what they did Also.. it is one piece so easy to keep clean

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
cecil
Registered Users

We had one of those wierd Elmo ones that shouts "Good Job!" or something when something goes in the potty bowl. It was pretty funny. Our neighbor gave it to us as a joke but it worked until DD "discovered" putting her hand in the potty and got "Good Job!" all the time. Then we switched to a bjorn potty then the potty ring. Also Elmo. Wouldn't reccomend a shouting potty for nighttime
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
atthehip
Registered Users

I might have to invest in one of these! We've had the most success with the BBLP...is it shaped exactly the same? The Ikea potties were super cheap but way too big for a little bum! LOL
Cindy
homeschooling mama to 4 beautiful girls!
atthehip is offline   Reply With Quote