Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:36 AM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
My Mood:
Can't seem to see a wet signal

DS is 10 weeks and we're trying part-time EC. He doesn't seem to give any signal when he wets his diaper, though (we are using prefolds, no liner). When he was younger, he did cry momentarily when he wet his diaper. What could have happened? We're just relying on timing for now...

littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Can't seem to see a wet signal

It may take some time - we sometimes don't realize it but our children are incredibly smart. One big thing that is stressed by a lot of diaper free activists is that we "train" our children to go in diapers, and that all creatures are born with the want to not soil themselves but by putting a diaper on our kids they think "oh I should go in this" my DD did the same thing for awhile - then she started liking the fact that she was dry and gave clearer signals. When she was six months I noticed that she stopped cueing because I checked her diaper so often she was never yet for very long - so that was my fault - she was just responding by saying "woman if you insist on checking my diaper and not letting me play I will just insist on going in it" now she just doesn't wear diapers.

Give it some time mama I'm sure he'll come round, you are starting in the early stage yet so don't get to stressed about it. Just enjoy your little one - and be happy when you catch a pee or a poo
Stop Stalking Me
MeCo7707 is offline   Reply With Quote