Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #31
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are you done having kids?

I really don't know. I'm preggo with #3 now. I have 2 girls already, a 3 year old and 18 month old. So I will have 3 kids 4 and under but they are all 2 years apart. *If* this baby is a boy I am 150% sure I do NOT want anymore. But if this baby is another little girl I may want to try one last time for a boy. I would really really love to have a boy. I love my girls dearly of course though

I just turned 25 and Dh is 27...so I should have no problem being done by the time I am 27-28.

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:05 PM   #32
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

We are done! We have two, as you can see in my siggie - we weren't even sure we would have two, but I am glad we did...DH had his vasectomy when Hutch was about 4 months old or so. We are both 29, turning 30 this year and are happy with our family...sure, I miss being pregnant sometimes or having a new baby, but I also deal with PPD even now, 14 month later, so I am not willing to subject my self, my body, and my family to that again. DH comes from a family with 3, and me only 2, so we are very comfortable with our 2...I know permanent birth control isn't for everyone, but I cannot take any hormonal bc and don't want to risk NFP because of my crazy unpredictable cycles, so it works for us, DH was very willing to have it done, and I must say, our sex life is a ton better than it was before...much more spontaneous not having to worry about having missed a pill or dig for a condom! Sorry if TMI!!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #33
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

We have 3 and are going to TTC our last one in the Fall.
This is coming from a girl who swore she would never get married let alone have kids!!
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #34
stopka7224
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhobby30
We have 3 and are going to TTC our last one in the Fall.
This is coming from a girl who swore she would never get married let alone have kids!!

YEP YEP... this was me a few years ago! DH says we can't have anymore I would love just one more though... we will see
Old 05-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #35
sunshineandlove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are done! Dh had the big V in January. I had wanted 4 but 3 in 3.5 years is too much work to add another for me and Dh's teacher's salary can only stretch so far. I genuinely feel that to add another to our family, someone would be missing out. I am stretched so thin already and really have to work hard to have a marriage instead of a roommate. I'd hate to completely lose touch with my husband.

That said we are both completely open to providing foster care or adopting children in the future. FOr me that helps a ton with the sometimes wanting another but that is so extremely rare. I am happy with our decisions, I am 31, and I feel like I am in the prime of life getting my body back and moving on to the next stage.

Happily cloth diapered 2 babies!
sunshineandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #36
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

We're NOT done!
We have one (plus dh has 5 others)
i hope for at least 3 more.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:39 PM   #37
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom
Okay after all the I guess the answer is no we are not done (if I can help it).
That sounds just like my DH! Which I suspect is why he went and bought some nice cheese and wine for tonight. Boy is he gonna be disappointed that I'll only have half a glass! There goes his plans!

I got pregnant with my DS when I was 16 too and it really worked out well for us..but I'll never tell my DD's that!
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #38
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitly not done here i want at LEAST 7 kids but tyler and i agreed on 5 and seeing after that lol....i had my first at 17 (unplanned but definitly welcomed) and Im 19 now and we are gonna ttc this fall i think if you always wait till your whole life is "in order" you may never get it and financially we will be ok and so we are gonna go for it we are both excited ! (have a feeling i may be preggo sooner since im gettin my iud out friday and he is no good with condoms wish us luck!!)
Old 05-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #39
TandEMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How funny. DH and I just talked about this last night. We have two, one boy (3 yrs) and one girl (14 mo), so we could in theory be done and be happy.... BUT I don't *feel* done if that makes sense. I've always invisioned three or more, so 2 just doesn't feel "done."

DH would love one or two more, however we talked about how nice it would be to be done now...more money, more time with each of them, man-to-man defense, etc. But he agrees two just doesn't feel right.

I am 30, he is 32. We'd TTC next spring/summer. I'd LOVE to be pregnant again, and have a baby again, but I think that will satisfy me and we can "move on" to the next stage of our lives, instead of thinking when the next baby will come along.

DH won't get a V (I won't let him...I want him to be able to have kids with another wife if I die or something...I know, morbid...). I'll do some heavy duty BC or something.

This is a SUPER hard decision. So many factors, so many feelings....
TandEMommy is offline   Reply With Quote