Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 AM   #181
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Both of my boys are intact!! All it took for me was reading about how it was done!!! YES Very Barbaric!!

Advertisement

sunnygirlmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #182
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Funny to see this thread, as it became very heated on my due date (April '09) group. People have such strong opinions one way or the other. I remember one mama who said her DH and her had worked in the healthcare field and wanted to circ. because they'd seen adult males have it done. I did home healthcare work years ago and an old man had to get circ.'ed for health reasons, and seeing the healing process is exactly why I didn't want any future son of mine to get cut. Seeing how raw and painful it looked on a big scale was scary. Our son is intact, and I'm due with another one in a few weeks, and he will be as well. Most of his little friends are also intact. The only friend he has who isn't was adopted and came to my friends already circ.'ed. And, yeah, no problems, easy to clean. DH was strongly against circumcision, which was nice. He is circ.'ed, but feels if our sons want to be, it should be their decision. What I don't understand in the heated debate is the cleanliness issue. When our sons' foreskins retract, they'll have to be educated as to how to clean it. I wonder how many parents with cut sons tell their kids how to clean it, or if they just assume it's clean because they were cut. My ex before my husband was intact, and I would say his was the cleanest of any guy I'd been with, because he'd take a lot of time cleaning it.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #183
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Having two intact sond and then a daughter, little girls require more upkeep. And my oldest, well, playing with it in the bath and shower is not a problem!

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #184
crystalannski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for bumping!
I'm only 11w and have no idea what I'm having but DH and I have already had this discussion. His 2 sons are intact and our DS is not (he came to us that way), I really havent looked into this yet so I wasnt sure what I wanted to do if this one is a boy. I was pretty sure I didn't want to get it cut but after reading this I know I dont want to! Thanks for sharing!
crystalannski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #185
Chey
Banned

My Mood:

This is a great thread. My son is circ'd and the baby I will be having this year will be circ'd. I am fully aware of the reasons not to circ, however my husband was circ'd as an adult and said it was one of the worst things he ever experienced. I realize the possibility of needing to be circ'd as an adult is slim, but because my DH has been there I left the decision to circ or not to circ up to him. I was fine with either choice and because I am a woman I obviously do not have first hand experience with this, my husband does, has been on both sides of the circ, and felt it the best option for us to circ our sons. My DH is also fully aware of the growing argument against circing. We are in Canada and it is elective and not covered by our healthcare plan so we do pay out of pocket for it.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #186
Kerry
Registered Users

My Mood:

Love, Love, Love this post and all the great feedback...
-http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...=1#post6502429
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #187
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey View Post
This is a great thread. My son is circ'd and the baby I will be having this year will be circ'd. I am fully aware of the reasons not to circ, however my husband was circ'd as an adult and said it was one of the worst things he ever experienced. I realize the possibility of needing to be circ'd as an adult is slim, but because my DH has been there I left the decision to circ or not to circ up to him. I was fine with either choice and because I am a woman I obviously do not have first hand experience with this, my husband does, has been on both sides of the circ, and felt it the best option for us to circ our sons. My DH is also fully aware of the growing argument against circing. We are in Canada and it is elective and not covered by our healthcare plan so we do pay out of pocket for it.
do you mind me asking why your dh was as an adult?
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #188
Chey
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful7 View Post
do you mind me asking why your dh was as an adult?
We've been together almost 15 years and he's never actually told me why, just that it was necessary and not something he chose to have done as an adult and that it was not a nice experience and pretty much leaves it at that. I've asked him why but he doesn't like to talk about it I guess.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #189
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey View Post
If it is one of the worst things he's ever experienced as an adult though, why would he want it for his newborn? I am sure he had much better pain relief options also and most importantly a say in the matter. I can't understand the logic. It is very rare for intact men to need to have foreskin removed as an adult.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #190
justjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we have circd all three our boys and dont regret it. as for the pain thing all three of mine slept through the entire process and never acted like it bothered them once. would do it again for cleanliness sake. i've changed enough dipes on uncirc boys to know that its NOT for me !
Jessica wife to my sexy soldier SAHM to THE BOSS(9) THE SCIENTIST(8) THE CLOWN(5) THE CRAZY(3) and MISSY MOO(1) and #6 arriving summer 2013!!!
find me on FBmy ISO/IHA
justjess is offline   Reply With Quote