Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
lindsey.leanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleeping

When our boys first came home they slept in a large co-sleeper in our room and then around 3 mos they moved into their own room and own cribs. Ever since we moved them to this arrangement they have been sleeping 10-12 hrs each night. It's what works for us.

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
Jeb-O
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
I don't have multiples, but I have a 2 year old and 3 year old boys who have slept with each other since the younger was born (with parents, too.)

That is SO adorable!
Jeb-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #13
Prairiemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ours slept together in a pack n play in our room till they were about 11 weeks. We then put them in their room in a crib together until they were about 5 months. It was funny because even if one was crying, the other one would sleep right through it. Once they started moving around lots, they would wake each other up. They are now in separate cribs but the same room. They sleep really well. Good luck!
and Char (03-27-1994)
Prairiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #14
epernat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have multiples, but I have four children, five beds and no one is ever in the same bed I put them in at night! Usually the four year old is in our bed, the six year old and two year old are in the four year old's bed and the baby is in his crib where he is safe! I just "pin-ball" from bed to bed for whoever needs me. Sometimes I really don't believe it when people tell me this time will end!
epernat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #15
4littlemonkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My twins are 3 1/2. I had two cribs and they weren't even used until they were 8 months old. I also had an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper that we used until they outgrew it. At first, they were in the co-sleeper, but due to constant nursing at night, they co-slept with me. (Daddy was in Iraq and missed all the fun.) When he came home, we slowly transitioned to their own cribs. It didn't work that well and put them in the same crib. They were alot happier. We moved them to twins sized beds at 18 months due to all the hardware being lost to their cribs when we moved here. To this day, they rarely sleep by themselves. They always sleep in the same twin bed even though they have two. We tried putting them in separate bedrooms, it didn't work. They still will crawl into bed with us now. Poeple give us a hard time about that, but we don't really mind. Time will pass quickly and eventually they will get too big to want to sleep with mom and dad.
Btw, with the lo that is due in 4 weeks, co-sleeping all the way. I will use a co-sleeper next to the bed, but I have a feeling that it will be a clothes and diaper holder.
Find what works best for you to get you the most sleep. Just remember that lack of sleep will eventually pass and it will be a distant memory.
Good luck with your twins. They are such a blessing. I thank God everyday for mine.
Shannon
4littlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #16
Jeb-O
Registered Users

My boys slept together in the same pack in play until 5 months when we got a second pack in play and separated them. They each have their own crib, but have not used them yet because they still sleep in our room. (6.5 months now)
Jeb-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #17
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

i have always slept with my kiddos- including my twins. the babies are with me right now- i alternate between sleeping with the ez2nurse pillow and sleeping between them laying on the bed. my older twins mostly sleep together- although they have their own bed- and usually end up with me at some point. my 4 year old does not like to sleep alone in her room- so she will make her way into our room also. last night my 7 year old found his way to our bed.

SO... yes we co-sleep.

cheers!

ps- love the pics of those boys sleeping

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote