Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #131
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circ

Note: I haven't read through the whole post yet.

My 13 month old is circed and I do regret it. It was so awful to watch it heal and I cried alot. I felt pressured- I even said to myself, "If you can't even be in there when it happens, why are you letting it happen?" but I let it happen. I am so torn. I do know men who had to get it done in adulthood and my friend's Dad begged me to do it, telling me how awful it was as an adult. My MIL said, "it makes for a cleaner weiner" (LOL). My H wanted to do it. I told him if we have another boy I don't want to. I think he'll beo kay w/ not doing it again. I don't really think anyone is wrong for doing it or wrong for not. I just had a hard time. I also think it looks a little funny, like there is extra skin. I hope its not funnylooking when he grows up and he's annoyed that we didn't make sure it was done right. His doc said its fine though. I haven't seen alot of baby penises, like his doc has, so i'm not an expert

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #132
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlemonkeys View Post
This is very "me". I have surrendered husband. However lots of the ladies are surrendered wives and that's OK too (just not for me). Please don't look down on them cause they chose to behave just like your own husband and let the "stronger willed" person win.

thank you very much and i super appreciate your post!!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #133
Periwinkle
Registered Users
seller

My son is intact. I would have laid myself over his body and told them to circumcise me before I would have allowed anyone to cut him.

My husband is cut. At first when we found out we were having a boy, he insisted he wanted him circumcised. Then he did his research. When he realized what had been taken from him, he had to go through a grieving period. He feels the choice should have been left up to him. He is now very anti-circ.

So mamas, think of what you will say when your grown circumcised sons approach you and ask why you allowed a part of their body to be taken from them without their consent.
Periwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #134
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
My son is intact. I would have laid myself over his body and told them to circumcise me before I would have allowed anyone to cut him.

My husband is cut. At first when we found out we were having a boy, he insisted he wanted him circumcised. Then he did his research. When he realized what had been taken from him, he had to go through a grieving period. He feels the choice should have been left up to him. He is now very anti-circ.

So mamas, think of what you will say when your grown circumcised sons approach you and ask why you allowed a part of their body to be taken from them without their consent.

My husband knows exactly what circumcision is and he knows exactly what was taken from him and he is happy with the choice is mom made. Being circumcised is not horrible for all men.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #135
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizymamaof2 View Post
I've never replied to one of these threads because they get so out of control, but I just can't hold back tonight!!

DS is circ. The baby boy that I am carrying right now will most likely be circ. too. (Go ahead- flame away) There are many reasons for these decisions and one of the main reasons is because I personally know 2 men who were left intact and had to be circ. at a much later age because of legitamate medical reasons. I know only 1 other man who was left intact and he is now begining to have issues and will prob. be circ. as well. Was it enjoyable for them when they HAD to do it for legit. reasons... no.... was/will it be enjoyable for a newborn... no. However, I guess I would rather have it over and done with and not have to deal with the other stuff that goes along with it when it has to be done at a later age. On the other hand... the things most people who are intactivist say on these boards... just make me so mad when I read these threads that I just don't want to become one of those people. YES I am researching the issue of circ. and the final decision has not been made regarding the babe that I am pg with.

Ok.. I'm done now. I have just began to research this whole issue... so I'm sure I will get flamed for something I have said.

To the OP: If you didn't get it from above, my advice to you... is that when you present info. against circ. make sure you are doing it tastefully and while it may be something that you feel very strongly about, make sure you're not just shutting people off to the idea of leaving their sons intact because of the tone/attitude you are using regarding the issue.

I have an uncle (YES TMI to know about an uncle but my Mom brought it up when I was preggers lol) anyhow, who for some reason was the only boy not circ as a baby, well guess what as a grown man he HAD to be! And BOY does he remember it and it was NOT pleasant! You ask any Man who was at birth though if they remember it and they don't! Gavin cried more and pitched more of a fit for his first bath than when he was circ'd! I am just so tired of all the bashing that goes on when a Mom says she circ'd her boys! I mean come on! It's a legal, legitimate, act preformed by a medical professional! It's not like we're at home pulling off their finger & toenails, or beating them or what have you my goodness!