Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: So....I'm stripping my BG organics- and if this does not work...

Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
This happened to us, exactly the same way, when we tried Tide Free as an experiment. It has stopped since switching back to Allens and Mountain Green baby free and clear. It was not the PUL, but the Tide that was the problem.

In the meantime, what helped was to totally coat the leg and waist rings with Aquaphor or lanolin. It really helped it heal much faster.

Now we have no problems with the PUL touching the skin. It actually happened even more when we used wool covers, which made me sad b/c I loved them so much. I think the wool, though soft, made even more friction.
Wow, I am glad to know that I am not the only one, but it stinks that it happened to you too! I am now stripping all my diapers. Fun day.

But, we do use wool around here- I use the Disana pull ons mostly and I have not had a problem with it. I also use a Ruskovilla long nappy pants and have not had a problem so far with it- besides trying to keep it lanolized enough! LOL!

I think I may need to strip the AIOs once more- there is still a bit of an irritation there- but those are now the only diapers that are stripped, so I have only been using them all day.

I will say that it is really nice to take the diaper off and not have any stink at all- and i mean NONE! I think I may start stripping my diapers every few months- they are so nice and clean and so clean smelling!!

mama to E, JC & baby W!! Wife to EJ
PureBliss is offline   Reply With Quote