Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2006, 07:49 AM   #21
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth or disposable wipies?

cloth all the way here! I find it MUCH easier than trying to set aside a poopy sposie wipe to throw away separately from where I'm throwing the dipe! Thinking of switching to cloth wipes for dd and I in the bathroom as well? Just for pee-ing, as I'm not sure I'm ready to go there for adult poo yet, but that would GREATLY reduce the amount of tp we use around here, kwim?

Advertisement

Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #22
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I started using cloth wipes on my dd when she was a baby (I am only now starting to cd #3) because she had such sensitive skin. It seemed even the most gentle sposie wipes tore up her bum. Everytime she had a rash and I had to wipe her the sposie wipes would burn her bum and she would scream. The cloth never did that. I am only going with cloth this time from the get go. i just keep a stack in an empty sposie wipe container or a basket and grab as I go (had a bad response using the wipe warmer). I generally just use tap water on my way but often I will buy honey chunks sensitive and use those in a squirt bottle. When I leave the house I pre wet the wipes and put them in a ziplock baggie (I am upgrading to a wipe wet bag soon). It's easy and gentle on the bum.

I had to add that I keep a stack of smaller cloth wipes in the bathroom for the older kids to use on their hands and faces. I have a stack with my mama pads that I use during my AF visits. I could not handle them being used for adult poo though We have a wipe system so everyone knows whos wipes are whos and what they are used for. Tween ds would freak if he used a bum wipe on his face or worse an AF wipe.

Last edited by GrowingUpMad; 05-28-2006 at 08:08 AM.
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:42 AM   #23
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom
Tween ds would freak if he used a bum wipe on his face or worse an AF wipe.
jennyofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #24
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE cloth wipes! We use them 100% of the time
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote